Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game licience

Account Suspended

Game licience

I appreciate it is no longer required in England and Wales but its still a requirement Scotland.
    There is a rumour that somtime next year Scotland will come in line with the the rest of the UK ,Does anyone have any information as to actual date when this requirement will be abolished?

Thanks
    Stu

I think it will be in with that wildlife and countryside bill(or wotever it was called, if u remember that was the 1 that was calling for all stalkers qualified and registered, rejected; and courses for setting fox snares, should go throu), i think it goes before holyrood this backend sometime so u will need one this year which should cover u until it goes throu hopefully. No actual date will be availabe yet. Incase anyone interested u can buy them thru basc scotland.
    Hope that helps

Account Suspended
    Hats off to BASC
    I contacted their Scottish branch in respect to renewing my game licience and p[aid 6+1 aministration fee and got it back with 24 hrs ,I call that good service well done B.A.S.C Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher_Stu View Post
    Hats off to BASC
    I contacted their Scottish branch in respect to renewing my game licience and p[aid 6+1 aministration fee and got it back with 24 hrs ,I call that good service well done B.A.S.C Scotland
    They're jolly good!
    I've used their invaluable service since the GL became unavailable in England. I sent off the cheque for this year's earlier in the week.

Account Suspended
    They are invaluable as you say.

And whilst on about game liciences those going over to Arran stalking dont forget you need one in case you get pulled by the law, its still an offence not to have one whilst being in pursuit of game or stalking deer in Scotland

In scotland you DO NOT need a game license to stalk deer on enclosed land. Stock fence or dry stone wall means enclosed land.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    In scotland you DO NOT need a game license to stalk deer on enclosed land. Stock fence or dry stone wall means enclosed land.

Stan
    Not much of that to be seen on Arran.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

where does the money go for these.....

Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    where does the money go for these.....
    Probably the same place the road tax goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!