Game dealer near Oxford

oxfordshirestalker

Hi all,
I'm looking for game dealers in the Oxfordshire area. Looking to take small quantities to them and I'm happy to deliver.

I'm aware of Vicar's at Ashampstead but wondering if there is anyone else in Oxfordshire/Buckinghamshire. Ideally close to Bicester/Thame.

Thanks

vicars have dropped the price they pay for venison drastically! unless you have two or more to take its not worth it .i was getting £3 a kilo head shot now £2 or less and they only want head shot munjac or its not worth their time and even then its £1 a kilo. let me know if you find some where.

Ah ok, thanks for that. I've sent some enquiries round various places so I'll let you know if I come up with anything.
Do you know what I'd be looking at for chest shot fallow at Vicars? Got a farm with a big fallow problem so just looking at options for August.
Thanks

Or, maybe I misread - are you saying they ONLY want muntjac...?!

Have you tried Rogers Quality Foods at Whelford (Lechlade). He doesn't always want Munty' but does take Fallow & Roe.

Or there is another game dealer close to East Ilsley - trouble is i've forgotten their name.

Second Vickers, dealt with them a good few years back when I was down south. Good people to deal with.

good luck

Thanks chaps, that's all useful.
I'll give the lechlade place a go, useful to have options.
I expect the place near East Ilsley is Vicar's, they're just down the road from there.

This is a great thread I too am in thame area. I'm looking for someone to take pigeons rabbits and venison in small batches. The gamedealer locally has packed up shop while i had been livinh out of the area...
I remember 10 years ago almost rabbits fetching £1 a piece. Also I have friends in Kent who deliver directly to pubs and they are getting £1 a breast for pigeons!!!!

vicars have dropped the price they pay for venison drastically! unless you have two or more to take its not worth it .i was getting £3 a kilo head shot now £2 or less and they only want head shot munjac or its not worth their time and even then its £1 a kilo. let me know if you find some where.

I did a butchery course there with Alan (the owner) which was great.

Unfortunately, as banus says the prices have dropped a lot and if you take anything not head or neck shot they will claim meat damage and drop the price further. We are not allowed to head or neck shoot on one of my permissions so it’s made Vicars a no go for me. They also don’t take carcasses out of hours. On a positive note they do pay cash on delivery.

I use another dealer with 24 hours drop off and he send me cheques in the post, they always arrive and I’m happy with that, unfortunately it’s towards Tidworth.

I would be interested to hear of any other dealers.

The post by Banus is 18 months old and prices at vicars have changed. Body shot £2 and head shot £2.50. Head shot muntjac £2 boy shot £1.50.

I did a butchery course there with Alan (the owner) which was great.

Unfortunately, as banus says the prices have dropped a lot and if you take anything not head or neck shot they will claim meat damage and drop the price further. We are not allowed to head or neck shoot on one of my permissions so it’s made Vicars a no go for me. They also don’t take carcasses out of hours. On a positive note they do pay cash on delivery.

I use another dealer with 24 hours drop off and he send me cheques in the post, they always arrive and I’m happy with that, unfortunately it’s towards Tidworth.

I would be interested to hear of any other dealers.
You talking about Hampshire game?

I know Steve rather well he is our main dealer,

good bloke and a great service.

bob.

Back