Reloading non lead-copper .223 bullets

Cyres

Last weekend at the MGF I purchased some new bullets which are made of a brass alloy. They are hollow points and intended for game. 54grns but quite long. Have not taken exact measurements as yet.

Has anybody had any experience in reloading with such type of bullets and if so any pointers/advice would be greatly appreciated.

D

I've been loading Barnes TSX in 6.5 (130gr) for a few months now. For want of information I decided to stick with the same amount (47gr) of my current powder (H4831) and see what happened. To my amazement, they shot identically to the 140gr speers I had previously loaded.

I've shot a few beasts with them so far and have a couple of reservations...one is that they are prone to spine chilling ricochets and the other is that they seem to leave the beast in all manner of directions...including back towards me (yes, two holes in the same side of the animal). Other than that they seem to do the job.

Sorry not directly relevant to your .223.

have a couple of reservations...one is that they are prone to spine chilling ricochets and the other is that they seem to leave the beast in all manner of directions...including back towards me.

:eek:!!! F.F.S... :scared:

Must admit, now I've written it down I'm getting more than a little windy about them. In fact, as of now they are out of commision and it's back to the Speers.

Ahhh just remember that your helping save the Condors :rolleyes:..........................................................................

That was the reason the tree/ bunny huggers uses in the peoples Reblik of Klaifornia for getting lead bullets banned. Jusy think how will you get on with your rabbiting with no .22 L/R :eek:.

Best bit of course is that the evidence they used in supporting this Condor bit was very dubious to say the least.

Back