Gwp more than one ?

tom

Evening, I have a 3 year old wire haired pointer dog and was considering getting another a bitch after looking after a mates while he went on holiday ,I found the two together were great ran each other’s socks off ! I have spaniels as well so he is not on his own but they don’t run like pointers !
however one person has advised against it as he said two together can be trouble ?
just asking people on here if they have got multiple Gwps is this the case ?
How do people get on with a couple etc ?
all opinions welcomed .
thanks
Tom

Evening, I have a 3 year old wire haired pointer dog and was considering getting another a bitch after looking after a mates while he went on holiday ,I found the two together were great ran each other’s socks off ! I have spaniels as well so he is not on his own but they don’t run like pointers !
however one person has advised against it as he said two together can be trouble ?
just asking people on here if they have got multiple Gwps is this the case ?
How do people get on with a couple etc ?
all opinions welcomed .
thanks
Tom

Got 2 GWP bitches they are pretty good together on walks etc. There's a fair age gap 3 and 13, and I only ever worked one at a time and now the elder is retired. To be honest I'd stick at one - they're the swiss army knife of dogs - one dog does it all!

6919A07C-11ED-45EB-BE9B-7AA32B335B25.jpg These two are half brothers and get on great the older dog was two when I got the pup at 8 wks, , there has been one or two fall outs usually over food but all in all they get on well. I think if your careful at the start and try to avoid making either jealous you should be fine. I love both dogs and now couldn’t choose between them but as siggys has said one is plenty, after these two I’ll only ever have one GWP.

Last edited:
Back