Cz replacement stock

bramsafc

A friend of mine has a Cz 452 sillouette in .22 and the stock is cracked does anyone know a place to get a replacement reasonably cheap as the gun isn’t worth a lot and he doesn’t want to spend a load of money on the gun

cheers Andy

I bought a laminated Boyds stock from Rimfire Magic when i cracked my 452 wooden stock,nice varmint style,did cost £160 and fitted straight in
really pleased with it..
I have repaired the broken stock with glue works fine just not pretty.
if he cant find a replacement i might part with my repaired stock for a small fee..
Cheers T595

Could repair it with plastic weld I repaired my old one has it cracked though the front swivel ? when I told them they said a new stock was £60 vie think it was GMK . , later I retro fitted the 455 thumbhole very easy to do and makes it sweet to use.

Last edited:
drop me a line
can replace a CZ stock with a new Boyds or to be honest scrap any number of dead .22s that are worth less than a stock!

Not sure if the 452 and 455 are interchangeable, but I have a CZ 455 HMR with the thumbhole stock. Great rifle but a bit of a lump to hump around the fields. Interested to know how much a second hand synthetic stock would cost?

A point to also note is that the American stock doesn’t fit the Silhouette which is the model the OP is asking advice about. The bottom metal screw holes are spaced differently on the two different models. God knows why CZ designed them like that.

Be brave, repair it. If it goes T...up, then look for a new one.
I fell on my Berretta 20g 687EELL whilt it was in its slip. Result, a nice crack through the pistol grip.
I removed the action, then carefully, as it’s a £2k stock, opened the crack up until the stock split in two.
I checked the two halves fitted back together seamlessly removing any little whiskers of wood that were in the way (inside the join not on the outside where it would leave a gap).
I then degreased the wood, as walnut can be oily, and glued/clamped the break with West System epoxy (the stuff that holds wooden boats together with no screws or nails).
Once the epoxy had set, I carefully sanded the stock, stained it with Rusty Walnut Birchwood Casey stain, then refinished with Trueoil (a couple of rubings with 1200 grit W&D and Trueoil will produce a filler that will fill the grain + any small imperfections around the join. Allow to set between rubs until the imperfections/grain are filled. Then 5 very light coats of Trueoil (I use balled kitchen rol to apply) flattened with wire wool every other coat.
The stock now looks better than new and the repair is completely invisible. It’s also very strong and I know it’ll never come apart.

Back