Warden adder first shots

iain b

Hi all. As you may know I’ve bought one. I sold my x-sight 2 to buy this because I found the atn too “cluttered” to use with too much going on, poor battery life, the controls difficult to use. And it seemed to unbalance the rifle. As I’ve just managed to use it ( the adder ) on the range here is a quick review.

The unit seems to be well made and easy to use. I found the controls easier than the atn. When it arrived I found the instructions stuck to the box too small to read, a quick request to Clive sorted that out. I mounted it to a Nikon 3-12x40 prostaff 7 scope on my issc .17hmr straight pull rifle and off to my local tunnel range to zero. I put the scope on 12 mag and the unit at 3x to give 36x mag and could see the .17 holes in the paper ( much better than the atn ). I’m out on the farms tonight. I’ll let you know more tomorrow.
If any one else has one please tell us what scope your using it on.

Last edited:
I had a look through one last weds fitted to a sightron. Looked pretty impressive to me and the new style bayonet fitting is a vast improvement. With luck, weather permitting will get to see it in use on Friday eve.

D

Up date. I’ve changed the scope to a Niko Sterling diamond and it’s made a big difference.

Any further update on this ? It looks quite interesting, I have a Kahles with side focus and wonderful if this would be suitable.

I dont think they work that well with high end coatings. Only issue i see is was you need a scope with a very fine reticule if your using it for precision work. ie head shooting rabbits.

D

I have the same unit, not the warden adder though. Once you have understood the instructions and had a play or three with it, it is very straight forward to set up and use. PA scope is best, Clive Ward tried it on a S and B scope without PA and it was ok.

Any further update on this ? It looks quite interesting, I have a Kahles with side focus and wonderful if this would be suitable.

Which Kahles do you have, or more importantly how close does the parallax adjust to? Ideally you need a scope that will focus to about 15m.

I tried mine on my Kahles 624i and it's not ideal. It's usable out past 100m, but anything below that is too far out of focus. Coatings wise it wasn't too bad, the little built in IR is incredible, but I've now bought a Hawke Sidewinder which is far more suitable.

I tried the unit on a Kahles CSX 3-12X56 and it was poor so put the scope back in the drawer and bought a Delta titanium

I tried the unit on a Kahles CSX 3-12X56 and it was poor so put the scope back in the drawer and bought a Delta titanium

The Delta Titanium is a fantastic scope which works very well with the Warden Adder/Addonight.

Which Kahles do you have, or more importantly how close does the parallax adjust to? Ideally you need a scope that will focus to about 15m.

I tried mine on my Kahles 624i and it's not ideal. It's usable out past 100m, but anything below that is too far out of focus. Coatings wise it wasn't too bad, the little built in IR is incredible, but I've now bought a Hawke Sidewinder which is far more suitable.

i use a Kahles CL 4-12x52 with side focus,

Back