Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rabbits

Rabbits

Read in shooting times about a lack of rabbits and could be extinct in years to come but there are plenty in my area
    Anyone have plenty

No! Nearly all gone here.

None; haven't shot one for probably 10 years now. I really miss rabbits as they were my absolute favourite species to hunt with a shotgun.

Less than previous years but enough to make an evening out every couple of weeks worthwhile

Quote Originally Posted by Full choke View Post
    Read in shooting times about a lack of rabbits and could be extinct in years to come but there are plenty in my area
    Anyone have plenty
    What's a Rabbit ?

Some areas up here where rabbits are making a comeback, but as ever the farmers want them shot.
    We have been knocking over a puckle deer on one bit recently where we couldn't believe the volume of brown hares, approximately forty in one park of about four acres. Great to see, and to be able to take one or two for a decent feed once in season.

Haven't shot one for a couple of years now. I occasionally see one or two down my little lane and there's a couple up in my top field but I leave them. Other areas locally seem to have more around, so perhaps it is a very localised thing.

Mixxy has wacked them and the flooding did the rest on my patch .Last year 25/30 a night was possible this year 3 or 4 tops across the whole area .The last couple of outings has only shown 2 or 3 young about to replace the losses after 4 months of the warrens being under water
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180603_234347.jpg   20180505_003047 (1).jpg  
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

Been none around here for a few years now. Very sad.