Roebuck Video

WAYNE DAVIES

Distinguished Member
Hi All
Thought I would share this video with you (if I can Get it work).
If you feel like I do looking out the window at the non stop rain this might cheer you up and remind you of sunny spring mornings.

Wayne

Fab! What kind of camera were you using? And what distance was the buck. That has cheered me up no end. Thankyou.

Hi Duncs
I use a Sony DCR SRE35 Handycam (£266 on Amazon)it has a 40 x zoom so excellent for deer and much better quality than its come out through photo bucket. This little chap walked to within about 10 yards, he keeps looking over his shoulder at his very large brother/uncle/dad who unfortunatley didnt have a safe back ground, but he'll keep :evil:

Wayne

Great video Wayne, the zoom on that camera is that some optical and some digital, if it's all optical I'm getting one.

John

Hi JayB its optical zoom that was the attraction for me. A mate of mine uses one after watching some of his films I had to get one.
As I said before the quality is better than it looks on here you can even get a doubler for it but you would have to have a tripod then.
Good bit of fun so far and smaal enough to fit in your pocket.
I'm going to post a video just for you as you have only seen a dead one ;) Just waiting for it to download onto photobucket (it takes ages)

Wayne

There you go JayB a live one.

Best bit about this video is I took it while a mate of mine a few of you have met (Andy) was sat about 150yards away trying to shoot his first Muntie with me. Its a bit of an on going joke with us now, because he must have been with me 20-30 times and hasn't shot one, which is unbelievable as my average is normally about 3-1 with guests I have probably done 2-1 so conclusion is I think he must just be a crap Muntie stalker :lol: :lol: :lol: he won't let me stalk or sit with him because that would make it worse if we got one then :lol:
This little buck appeared in front of me 3 times that evening and I left him be hoping he would wander round the corner to Andy

I'm very glad he is very busy at work and probably wont see this post beacause he will kill me for telling you lot this.

Wayne

Thanks for that Wayne, I take it that was some sort of record, for one to stand still that long. It was much better than my 80mph glimpse of muntjac roadkill.

John

Hi Steve
He was stood a lot longer than this, I filmed him for about a minute put the camera away watched him through the scope changed my mind and filmed this bit more. He also appeared just behind twice me before standing in a bush an barking for ten mins. I think he had got some wind from the time he came out but didnt now which way to go.
Or he had seen Andy and had felt safe :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm so dead if he reads this.

Thats great stuff wayne. That camera seems excellent. I think you may have sold a few mate.

Grant

Hi guys, Speaking as a veteran of quote "20 - 30" munty outings without success, most of which being sat up high seats, can anyone suggest a suitable deodorant to increase my chances of breaking my duck? During my time sat up those seats, numb bum and all, I have pondered over my lack of success as opposed to Wayne's excellent record and concluded that although Wayne does smell like an old rutting buck, he is a good stalker! Oh and yes Wayne, you are so dead!

It's very good to see you on the site Andy. I think you told me and Gary about it 18 months ago and you have finally joined it yourself!
If you do give Wayne a slap can you film it and post it on the site please.

Cheers mate! ;)

hi andy
could not resist mate, just incase that vid was not enough heres a few more pics just incase you hav forgot what they look like
P1010531.jpg

P1010542.jpg

good to see you on site
stone

Hi Andy
You had time to look at the site in your busy schedule then (bugger) :oops:
I can see I going to have avoid you and remote woodlands/sharp objects for a while.
Then again now you on here I can take the p**s even more :D

Back