Vegan bbq ideas?

joed

So, I have the vegan sister in law over tomorrow ruining an otherwise lovely bbq....i said vegan..."I do eat my mothers eggs"...yes one of those...

So i am not clamouring to look up ideas and am thinking eat the salad, i will make a potato salad with mayonnaise to test her already defunct credentials...and i have gone as far as to say, vegetable kebab!!!

Any ideas that take minimal effort as I will be concentrating on the good stuff

Lettuce on a stick ? In all seriousness, button mushrooms and pieces of peppers and courgette slices, wee bit olive oil and salt as kebabs should suffice ? I always thought they were burnt, but having gotten drunk/ nibblish enough after cooking our own venison burgers and sausages for everyone, I tried afore mentioned burnt looking offering and quite enjoyed it.

have you tried applying a lit blow torch to a lettuce. Me neither, but thats the route I would take...

I would then make a point that all the people who were having fun had beer and meat and hopefully they would question their miserable choices in life, asking themselves what pitiful shell of a human they have become.

Im here to help..:tiphat::D

She wants to come to your meat barbecue. It's not your job to pander to her whims.

She'll be too weak and pasty to kick up much of a fuss anyway.

A BQ version of ratatouille works well. You need a pan with holes in it, or a metal basket. Cut courgette, onion, pepper in to biggish chunks, cover with olive oil, let sit, then cook, shaking a good deal. Tom sauce - cook off a tin of chopped with plenty of garlic and half a red chilli. Plenty of salt and pepper.

Wrap a potato in tinfoil ,,, throw it on the bbq and tell her to wait
Simples
Ray

sorry I was trying to be PC,,, tell her its a BBQ a celebration of meat eating by meat lovers, so if she doesnt want to be offended, she should just stay away,,,, I had a " vegan" sister in law,,, might not have eaten meat, but she loved her , leather shoes , bags boots etc,,,,,,, fking hyprocrite
Ray

Get a nice sized Zucchini (courgette) and stuff it full of vegetables,Moroccan spices and venison mince which you can advise is actually Tofu meat substitute.
After she says "omg that was delicious"
Tell her about the mince but only if you are a bar steward ha ha
If not snigger quietly to yourself and always acquiesce to her future requests for another one at the next BBQ
Leave a note in your will to her.......with the recipe!

A varied selection of vegetable kebabs with nice dressings go down well. Lots of red onion and chalots. There is so much to choose from in shops these days, I already know my sister in laws preferences, so it's not a problem and eaten by most of my guests...Even the 'veggies' who only eat white meat :D
I would usually set up a side disposable barbecue for it. Now alchohol they have to slum it with the rest of us.john

I know she doesnt check or try too hard. I doubt she is searching for vegan wine!!! I know she has the leather shindoogles. I'll see what i have in tins in the cupboard and make some burgers out of it!! Seems like a recipe for burgers made out of any old beans!!!

Typical pish from both sides .... militant meat eaters as well as militant vegans

But some of us can sit side by side , enjoy each other’s company and respect each other’s views & beliefs

A friend of mine has her own food blog for vegan food ... she used to be the best BBQ’er / hot smoker going till she turned vegan but still bangs out some cracking grub

Her take on a Big Mac but ALL made be herself and a black bean burger
1e5cee583c191edf934703b5572ecd6f.png

Wouldn’t hurt anyone to eat more veg and stick to what we know regarding meat on here... non processed & wild game

Paul

Back