Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bronze medal Roe buck just completed.

Bronze medal Roe buck just completed.

Hi, guys - here is a members nice Bronze medal Roe buck just completed. Thats me on to the Red and Sika stags now, if anyone wants any mounts done please contact me via the site or on 01809501419 or mobile 07776165947 for friendly advise and prices. All the best, Bill.

Thanks guys - appreciate the kind words. Bill.

Very nice mount bill, love the ears !!

Well done

Lakey

Very nice again Monarch. But unlike Lakey i prefare the ears to be in the alert position more errect. But its all about opinions and i do like your work.

Thanks for the compliments Lakey and 6pointer. Lakey, as you are a taxidermist yourslf, you can appreciate that ear position and form is crucial to get right in a mount. Along with the eyes, if it is not done right it can kill the mount stone dead. 6pointer, it is all a matter of preference as you say - to a certain extent. For the ears forward, you need to select a form with a alert upright stance for the correct affect. When a Roe buck (or indeed any deer) is in a relaxed pose the ears tend to be in the laid back setting. Is that big buck still with you 6pointer? Cheers, Bill.

Yes mate he lives to fight anouther day and i am sure he will be in the same spot or there abouts next spring. I will be keeping my eye on a few places were we have took bronze medals this year .The reason is we have removed alot of bucks so that should mean less competition and the farmer has took to cereal crops just this year and is piling minerals on the ground so it should be inresting. I will be keeping photos as we are doing a study on the two areas for other reasons.

Gentlemen,

That Buck will be gracing my living room - and from the pictures Bill has sent me I am sure it is still alive. I have seen some of his otgher work in the flesh as it were and thoroughly recomend him. The buck was my first buck I ever shot. I shot him early in the season a few years ago and his coat was in full moult so did n't keep the cape. I had him measured at the Scottish Game Fair and he was a Bronze Medal - but only just. At the beggining of August I shot another big buck - skin carcass weight close to 16 kgs - that from memory looked very similar so took the cape and asked Bill to mount it. He has done a cracking job with it.

Heym SR20

im inpressed with that mount mate