Thread: Red stags available short notice no trophie fee

Red stags available short notice no trophie fee

Hi
    All stalks gone
    Last edited by Solwaystalker; 13-10-2010 at 20:31. Reason: Ending thred

Quote Originally Posted by Solwaystalker View Post
    Hi all

this is normally a very hectic time of year for me with the red stag rut,
    all of my days are generally sold out 12 months in advance, but due to some kind gentlemans from over the pond, who are unable to make there days booked, i have 6 stalks available and as i said in the title no trophy fee.
    IT WILL BE LOCATED ON SOME AMAZING HILLSIDES IN THE SOUTH WEST OF SCOTLAND
    Some very big animals come off this place every year, plus its not stupid money like some people ask to shoot a stag.
    This will be a first come first served basis, the dates i have are september 28th pm stalk, september 30th am and pm stalk, october 1st am and pm stalk, october 20th pm stalk.

The price per stalk is 200 no trophie fee.
    The carcass will be left with the estate
    pm me or email me on solwaystalker@aol.co.uk
    if you need any more info
    YOU NEED TO MOVE FAST ON THIS ONE GUYS

I`m sorry mate, but 200 quid a stalk , there`s no wonder you can afford to knock the trophy fee off, because you`re just putting it back on to the stalking fee.

People don`t have to look far to pay around about 60-80 per stalk.

Does this 200 quid per stalk still have to be paid if you were to shoot a spiker.?

I wouldn`t think there are going to be many people snatching your hand off at that price, but good luck.

wadas

Hi wadas
    Appreciate your comments.
    I can do it your way if you like, cheap stalk and massive trophy fee,
    I like many on this site have experienced the old that's gona cost you ??? Just when your looking through your bins at a beast.
    But thanks for passing judgment on it.
    Regards
    Solwaystalker

Hi wadas
    Appreciate your comments.
    I can do it your way if you like, cheap stalk and massive trophy fee,
    I like many on this site have experienced the old that's gona cost you ??? Just when your looking through your bins at a beast.
    But thanks for passing judgment on it.
    Regards
    Solwaystalker
    What do you call a massive trophy fee.?
    As there is no guarantee that you are gonna shoot a trophy in 1 or 2 stalk, this then becomes very expensive stalking to do.

Don`t get me wrong, if you do get a trophy in 1 or 2 stalks then this is a great deal.

Doing it the old way, as you call it at say, 60-80 per stalk, you as the guide has to make more of an effort to get the client into a trophy, and the client is more likely to have more stalks to better his chances.
    If you are taking clients out, t is YOUR duty to make them aware of the charges that they will incur for pulling the trigger on say a royal etc instead of the shock of a bill when the trigger has been pulled.

That`s the old way, no hidden costs and no shocks with an unexpected bill afterwards.

wadas

Hi wadas
    I understand what your saying, I generally never advertise these days they are all repeat customers and we do get some good deer of here, but I am new at this advertising, it's generally all word of mouth, what do you charge to take people on red stags.

Hi wadas,
    what do you charge to take people on red stags.
    I don`t take anyone out on Red Stags mate, I used to do on Roe and the odd Sika years ago and only charged 60.

I am still intrigued as to what you call a massive trophy fee.?

wadas

It is sometimes beter to do the deal in PM .for a days stalking west coast 400 notes a day sounds a bit over the top but if the person wants to pay hey who are we.What i will say to these adverts is make sure you look around there are some good deals and Jon and Malcs 300+ for the week makes this deal look (obscene ) A week on this deal would be 4000 min plus costs eg digs food and the likes. I bet you could shoot in Africa for that.

My thoughts exactly 6pointer.

Solwaystalker.

You have a pm.

Thanks for comments guys it's always good to know what other people are offering, I know if I got you up these hills it would blow your mind it's the closest you will get to highland stalking without being that far north

Solway, this is nowhere near carrminnows is it?
    Last edited by howa243; 26-09-2010 at 06:28.