World Cup

No, but that's all Westminster's fault. Wee Nippy has guaranteed umpteen hundred billion (insert currency of choice) from our vast oil wealth to develop our football team though.....

I hate football bunch of overpaid tarts that fall over with a light breeze ? when a snapped off leg is fixed with a cold sponge and a drink of water:eek: Feck this should be in every EMT room in every hospital in the land it could save £££££££££££££££,000000 but a chance to sit and do bugger all with a cold beer no wife and not being disturbed appeals to me today so i'll be sitting with a cold few beers pretending to watch the crap .:british: come on you tarts :stir:

Good result , but real lack of creativity outside of set pieces. Some serious underperforming players....Sterling is a joke , lingard lacking invention, and alli looked not fully fit. Rashford, Loftus-Cheek deserve their time.
croatia will be a different kettle of fish!

Great result but nearly wasted why o why keep feeding the ball back to the keeper and risk Sweden having a go ,Croatia will be the real test

Bloody hell what a dour bunch you are. First mention of the footie? Footie not the done thing in the stalking community?

Bugger that. Celebrate! Enjoy! Go jump around on Brighton Beach and throw beer all over yourselves! Wish I was there, I’d happily be one of the middle aged slightly overweight pink numptys prancing about like we were 20 all over again. I “grew up” on those beaches after the pubs closed in the 80s... ooh the memories... Lived in a flat with my 2 best mates on Holland Road as a young fella, what a blast.

Now I love my football but it is a bit of a trial having to set your alarm for 1:45am and then get the system online for an ale or several, but that’s life on the world’s bottom. One of the aforementioned best mates lives here too now, we had a big night last night... woke the valley up at 4am for a “we’re in the semis” celebration - boom boom doof doof - now these local Kiwis can be a bit of a drag from time to time with their rugby mentality and also the minor inconvenience of being asleep at night but anyway, all in a day’s... er... night’s work... long slightly shagged day today....

Now some of you don’t seem to understand... This England team will never be the most gifted, the most talented, but they sure are one of the strongest mentally in the competition. And that gives them an edge, the “more than the sum of their parts”, the 12th man that is such an advantage. This England team has achieved the unthinkable. They are approaching each game... like... the... wait for it...... the Germans.... before this German team got arrogant. Crikey. They really are playing like the Germans, more than the sum of their parts. With enough self belief, you make your own luck. And luck is everything in tournament football.
England to play Belgium in the final, and win in extra time to a Vardy goal. No one can tell me that is a fantastical prediction, its (almost unbelievably) an actual possibility.

How can anyone spend so much time talking about kicking a sphere of plastic and wind up and down a field. Watching paint dry at least has a useful end and doesn't make you lose your marbles and leap about screaming and pulling faces.

Yesterday afternoon at 3pm I took my dog for a walk and swim. Roads, paths, riverbank were all deserted :D:thumb:.

I would rather watch paint dry than watch football. Actually attending a football match would be classed as a 'cruel and unusual' punishment by me.

Just wondering what I shall be doing on Wednesday at 7pm.... another delightful evening walk in the countryside with Ruby my Labrador no doubt. She's not interested in football either, much prefers deer stalking.

Yesterday afternoon at 3pm I took my dog for a walk and swim. Roads, paths, riverbank were all deserted :D:thumb:.

I would rather watch paint dry than watch football. Actually attending a football match would be classed as a 'cruel and unusual' punishment by me.

Just wondering what I shall be doing on Wednesday at 7pm.... another delightful evening walk in the countryside with Ruby my Labrador no doubt. She's not interested in football either, much prefers deer stalking.

Uncle Norm if we ever meet I am sure that we will get on well, my thinking entirely.

my god imagine this football Wimbledon and Christmas all in the same month. pass me the valium :banghead:

+1000

Now it's well known in the circles I habit that I can't abide football, as someone already mentioned they're overpriced actors who all deserve Oscars.
But at last I see a team with heart who want to be there and win not the usual big names that just want another sponsorship deal for aftershave or splash catchers.
So yes I'm behind them good on them young fellas who are proud to have that shirt on because it's fantastic to see.
Hopefully we'll win and it'll lift the country's spirit from all the ''we're doomed'' news
COME ON LADS !!

I was right then, you are a dour bunch...

:stir:
A point of order here please Mr dodgyknees :D. It is usually some of our Scots bretheren that get dubbed as 'dour'. Indeed for some it is a badge of honour to which I can only aspire.

As an Englishman the best I could hope for would be getting dubbed as 'grumpy' but even then, there is a problem because, at the least sign of alleged grumpiness I get called out by Herself :rolleyes: aka The Chief Fairy. :scared:.

I am having a great time and really enjoying my retirement :thumb:. I just don't like football.

Having said all that, like another football-phobe on here, I must admit to admiring the attitude displayed by the young team and their manager, so wish them well.:D

Back