Armasight drone nv

bigboodydaddy

Thinking of purchasing a Armasight drone nv scope has any one got one ??? are they any good compared to other night vision aids ??? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

I can only speak for the original spec ones with the amoled screen...do it! You will NOT be disappointed mate! When combined with a PBIR torch I was able to see the gravy bait I'd put out trickling down a fence post....I kid you not!

Usable in daytime too so not taking up a rifle solely for nv

Mounting can be an issue with some depends on your eye relief etc but in all they're great units

Drone pro no longer in production so repair and warrenty although still available elswhere needs to be considered, try a Pulsar N355, less money, better battery provision/life, mounting to a weaver rail is 100% sorted performance is very very good, live streaming to your smartphone/tablet and the back up is still available in the event of an issue

Drone pro no longer in production so repair and warrenty although still available elswhere needs to be considered, try a Pulsar N355, less money, better battery provision/life, mounting to a weaver rail is 100% sorted performance is very very good, live streaming to your smartphone/tablet and the back up is still available in the event of an issue

All true but the N355 is only x3.5 optical magnification, while the Drone Pro is x10 optical magnification.
Anyone who has been involved in NV for any length of time will tell you that the Drone Pro is the best digital NV scope bar none.
Armasight/FLIR were crazy to stop making them

Cheers

Bruce

All true but the N355 is only x3.5 optical magnification, while the Drone Pro is x10 optical magnification.
Anyone who has been involved in NV for any length of time will tell you that the Drone Pro is the best digital NV scope bar none.

Cheers

Bruce[/QUOTE
totally agree. best dedicated digital nv scope by a long way

Cheers

Bruce

Totally agree Bruce...stocks would sell out within days if not hours once Carl had shipments in! With a market like that who the heck would give it up!?!?!?

I think Opticswarehouse has an agreement somewhere and is sourcing stocks so a return route may be open and easier...worth giving them a call to find out

Unless you're shooting at long range, x10 is way too much mag for most foxing as you'll find it extremely hard to find your target if you have to respond quickly. The majority of mine are taken at about x6.

not missed a fox yet with mine Paddy

I find 10 mag ok but the 15 is way over the top unless you live on the plains with oodles of space.

bob.

not missed a fox yet with mine Paddy

I find 10 mag ok but the 15 is way over the top unless you live on the plains with oodles of space.

bob.

My mate has a x10 mag Drone Pro, and by the time he's found a fox, it's finished reading the paper and has wandered off...

Yup I found the same issue. I usually have my nv set at 3 and whack it up if the fox is coming in from a distance and have plenty of time. Usually they pop out about 3 feet away and I struggle to see the xxxxers even on 3 mag. :rofl:

Higher magnification works for us if you have someone to guide you to your target. I have adjustable mag with tubed nv and my shooting buddy has 10x Drone pro.

I have the x15 and its been a great work horse, when Flir took them over Armasighgt they decided to stop making them, but I see Scott country are selling the x10 again, personally I think they are the best NV out there for the money, weather conditions do play a part with all thermals and NV set ups but when things are right the drones are brilliant, I do regularly shoot foxes out past 200 with my x15 and there is something to be said about being to much mag but I have got used to it now, the down side is with drones that if they go seriously wrong they have to go back to the US now, my drone has a focusing problem and count not be fixed so its gone back to the states, must admit it was very efficient with Flir UK arranging for it to be picked up and sent off, it will be about 6 weeks before I get it back but good to know they are honouring the guarantee.

Have they brought out a new product to replace the Drone Pro?

Last edited:
I have the x15 and its been a great work horse, when Flir took them over Armasighgt they decided to stop making them, but I see Scott country are selling the x10 again, personally I think they are the best NV out there for the money, weather conditions do play a part with all thermals and NV set ups but when things are right the drones are brilliant, I do regularly shoot foxes out past 200 with my x15 and there is something to be said about being to much mag but I have got used to it now, the down side is with drones that if they go seriously wrong they have to go back to the US now, my drone has a focusing problem and count not be fixed so its gone back to the states, must admit it was very efficient with Flir UK arranging for it to be picked up and sent off, it will be about 6 weeks before I get it back but good to know they are honouring the guarantee.

Can't see any Drone pros for sale on the Scott Country website

Cheers

Bruce

I have a couple of drone pro 10x, one on a .17hmr and one on a .223, never had an issue finding the target. Spot with a thermal then straight onto it for full identification with the drone pro, cross hairs on target, squeeze trigger, job done

I have a couple of drone pro 10x, one on a .17hmr and one on a .223, never had an issue finding the target. Spot with a thermal then straight onto it for full identification with the drone pro, cross hairs on target, squeeze trigger, job done

I agree with Essex stalker not a problem with the drone

i am so glad,

i thought i had an issue being the only one of the few that can’t find any issues with the drone, but thermal rifle scopes and i just don’t get on.

bob

Back