Head cutting saw

Harry mac

I foolishly lent out my roe head sawing jig and it came back minus the saw. Has anyone got a spare I could have off them?

Thanks for the replies and the links. I've ordered the one from Axminster, and a couple of other bits from the site that caught my eye. Damn these on-line catalogus, they're too easy to shop from.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies and the links. I've ordered the one from Axminster, and a couple of other bits from the site that caught my eye. Damn these on-line catalogus, they're too easy to shop from.:rolleyes:

Good service from this company. Ordered Sunday evening, package arrived Tuesday morning.

You will disapprove of this method I'm sure but when I have skinned the head off I stand the head up and clamp the antlers to something solid, in my case usually the face plate of the loader tractor, with the antlers at the angle I want to see them at when mounted on a shield. Knowing that the cut wants to be vertical it is easy to go down through with the chainsaw BUT about a quarter inch back from where I want the final line to be.
The head is then boiled out which is easier and quicker with the bulk of the head gone. When finished and pressure washed off it is left to dry completely. Before mounting on a shield I use an angle grinder with a flexy sanding pad to finish the back to the exact line that I want. Sound brutal I know but works for me. If you have a heap of heads to do who wants to spend all day at it.

I used a stanley jet cut woodsaw on a fallow head couple of weeks ago and you'd have thought the skull was made of butter,cut through straight as die first go.
Neil.

Back