Its hunting Jim,,, but not as we know it!

Watched them a few times, i think he had a mink die or lost before, one of my jills in the past was a bit slow. She got in a scrap with some rats which was the making of her.

Every thing shiffted when she went in lol

Tim.243

My boys like the Mink Man and desperately want a mink for ratting, god knows we need a mustelid to help out from time to time. We have had to explain over and over that minks and ferrets are seriously un-PC here in NZ unfortunately. Like, they are totally banned. This didn’t go down very well, big disappointment. The ferret-polecat hybrid that took on my male Stafford was probably pound for pound the most vicious creature I’ve ever come across. It lost, but left its mark...

You have got to admire there hunting ability , you don't want them round your poults as I very well no ! That was a Good video to watch

That was impressive! Knowing mink as I do I am amazed how the guy tamed them, they really are vicious little sods! Clearly they are much quicker than ferrets.

Not too many people in this country would catch rats by hand or even handle them as that guy does when they're dead. As I said, impressive.

Coincidently I watched these video's last week, very interesting and entertaining.

I also wonder how you tamed them, I remember leaving a fresh caught Sea Trout on the bench behind me one night, I heard a rustling and saw a mink about to steal it, I approached it and it fronted up to me!
A normally nasty ballsy critter, thankfully I haven't seen one in years, probably due to the increase in otters, but we won't go there!
Cheers
Richard
That was impressive! Knowing mink as I do I am amazed how the guy tamed them, they really are vicious little sods! Clearly they are much quicker than ferrets.

Not too many people in this country would catch rats by hand or even handle them as that guy does when they're dead. As I said, impressive.

Seriously impressive! Like others have said though, I wouldn't be too keen on handling rats myself. I don't even like taking them out of Fenns with gloves on!

Many years ago I was called to a local sea front hotel who had a "ferret" loose in the building. Fortunately, I took a glove as it turned out to be a chocolate coloured mink. I eventually cornered it in a bedroom and grabbed it by the tail. It immediately climbed up itself and sunk its teeth through the glove into my hand. I eventually got it in the ferret box and took it to the local mink farm.
They are without a doubt, fearless predators that thanks to the crass behaviour of the antis now inhabit many parts of our countryside and are a right pain in the arse!

Back