Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Sign of this years Fallow Rut

Any Sign of this years Fallow Rut

Been away on holiday to the highlands for the last week, a bit of salmon fishing, red stag stalking and a days rough shooting. Brilliant time had by all. As I am in a stalking syndicate where the woods are situated between Hereford & Ledbury, I would like to ask has anyone in this area seen or heard anything to suggest the start of this years fallow rut. As I am based in Wales, about one and a half hours drive away from this ground, any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    GAZ

The rut as started around Monmouth mate could hear them last night.

Hi Gaz

Not really kicked off on my our ground (Hereford) yet, not far off seen a few scrapes and a lot of buck activity.

Watched four mature bucks on Saturday together, two of them play fighting. Watched another buck showing aggression towards a pricket but no groaning.

Cheers Wayne

wayne mate theres allways a lot of groaning around hereford.....lol

Thanks Teckel & Wayne, I've got a few days off next week so should catch the start. I'll report my findings. Cheers

We've got wallows and lots of activity, but no noises yet. The young males have appeared on my patch which means the old boys are starting to play rough.

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by apollo View Post
    wayne mate theres allways a lot of groaning around hereford.....lol
    Mostly groans of pleasure from our women kind

How are you mate

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    Thanks Teckel & Wayne, I've got a few days off next week so should catch the start. I'll report my findings. Cheers
    Hi Gaz,
    We have been leaving our bucks alone the last three years and its paying off know, we've got a lot of young to middle age bucks showing another few years they should be some fine animals nice to see them around.

I'll be out with the video camera over the next few weeks and the rifle for a few prickets and maybe if I'm lucky an old buck I'm after. Have fun

Atb Wayne

A few scrapes about the week before last, and saw a few prickets chased out the wood by a nice looking buck. My mate went up to the ground weekend just gone, and saw a couple of good bucks scrapping.

Could do with the temp. to drop a few degrees, but not too far away now.

ATB

T

Thanks Gents. Weather permitting I'll go for a look round on Thursday. Will report my findings. Cheers Gaz