antlers

donsider

I have over the years gathered a number of antlers from my stalking. They include Red, Fallow, and Roe. Do any members of DF know of a lucrative way of disposing of them? Mrs. Donsider is getting a little fed up of the garage looking like part of the Natural History Museum.

Help, please.....................

Donsider

You can cut them up as "dog chews" and sell them online, or if you have a couple that have
" memories" send some to me and I will turn them into "Bullet pens" see my add for pens in Classifieds , Other Items
cheers
Ray

Last edited:
On evilbay they fetch many dollars ,much prized by stick makers, snooker queue makers and as Ray said dog chewists.But as a full set for someone,s man cave or pub/restaurant refurb is the highest money atb and enjoy the result remember the antlers were yours not a team effort to buy new handbags and shoes which is my wife,s thoughts on the matter :doh:

I was in a touristy type shop in the Caingorms and saw a sign saying we buy antlers.
As I had a few racks kicking around I enquired about their value?
It was quite literally next to nothing - I forget the exact figure a couple of £ per kilo? - but not lucrative enough to make it worth the petrol to drive back out there with them.
(I lived in Banchory then not Sweden! :british: )

Last edited:
I was in a touristy type shop in the Caingorms and saw a sign saying we buy antlers.
As I had a few racks kicking around I enquired about their value?
It was quite literally next to nothing - I forget the exact figure a couple of £ per kilo? - but not lucrative enough to make it worth the petrol to drive back out there with them.
(I lived in Banchory then not Sweden! :british: )

Thats what they will pay the tourists, who had a bit of luck finding some while out walking and wondering what on earth are we going to do with this ?????? By the time they repackage them and flog them on the price will have gone up substantially
Cheers
Ray

The price per inch for antler is ludicrous in pet shops! Unless you have a cracking full set that are mounted I reckon cutting them into lengths and flogging them on evilbay as dog chews would get you a good return

Back