Thread: Fox enticers (decoys)

Fox enticers (decoys)

Anyone used them with any success?
    I really fancy having a go.
    We have more foxes than usual this year and I had loads of success just sitting out.
    I have daylight called them but fancy trying the extra attraction of a decoy.
    Been a yorkshire man though don't want to part with cash if its just going to gather dust in the shed.

There are loads about but fancy 1 of these....

or 1 of these.

Like most things with foxes they will work sometimes. I've done quite well with cubs and a Fox Pro Jack in the Box. Same thing as your vids but more expensive! Bushwear do a cheaper version called the "Crittur". Always worth a try, the trouble is that fox shooters are getting like pigeon decoyers, more and more gear to cart around, but it's good fun playing with it all!

I had a couple using the kids toy that you some times see for sale at gamefairs that is a length of fake fur on the end of a ball. you must have seen the thing i'm talking about, they roll around in a tray and the tail flips about. I reckon if you use that first one you will have every bird of prey that lives within 10 miles hovering over your hide.

Cant you just stick a ferret on a collar and stake it to a post (only joking).
    Good luck, Ezzy

I just bought myself one of these last week:

http://www.tail-wagger.com/predator.htm

Cheaper to buy direct from USA and have posted over than buying from british stockist!

Looking forward to trying it out in conjunction with my home made electric fox call.

Quote Originally Posted by ezzy6.5 View Post
    I had a couple using the kids toy that you some times see for sale at gamefairs that is a length of fake fur on the end of a ball. you must have seen the thing i'm talking about, they roll around in a tray and the tail flips about.
    A weasel ball? Look about half way down this link to see how to make one

Varmint Al's Hunting Page

I have the fox pro Spitfire caller which is excellent, you can also buy a 'Jack in a box' which is similar to the one in your link. You then have an AUX button to press when you want it to move, so call and movement together is meant to bring them in. Likely this would work better in the day but with a bit of moon light it should stand out at night too. Dont be worried about buuying direct from the USA, I got my caller 70 cheaper than buying in UK.

Just tie a bunch of chicken feathers on a short bit of string and hang it from a stick. It will move in the wind and any movement gets the foxes attention.
    I was using this method to great success as far back as the fifties, I can't see that the foxes have got more clever these days have they

EMcC, far to simple, far too cheap and no profit in it for anyone! The fact that we used to use this type of homemade gear to good effect is irrelevant, how can you hold forth in the pub about your new bunch of feathers!!!