Thread: In a previous life

In a previous life

I must have been a Jay or a Squirrel in a previous life,, I just got through reloading all this last summer's .223, (made some for Monmouth too), So I thought I'd carry on as I have a three day break before a little more work, out with the all the empty brass ,.270 / 7mm, out with the dies, get through a couple hundred of each, then I find two hundred ready to fill WSM 's, & 180 ready to fill .270's , wonder what else is gonna turn up this afternoon?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Have you checked the garden? Perhaps you have buried little parcels of brass?

They say where there's muck, there's brass, hope the muck doesn't catch up with me after all this brass!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    I must have been a Jay or a Squirrel in a previous life,, I just got through reloading all this last summer's .223, (made some for Monmouth too), So I thought I'd carry on as I have a three day break before a little more work, out with the all the empty brass ,.270 / 7mm, out with the dies, get through a couple hundred of each, then I find two hundred ready to fill WSM 's, & 180 ready to fill .270's , wonder what else is gonna turn up this afternoon?
    7mm wsm ? If you don't mind me asking (and I hope you don't), what is/are your load/s of choice in this cartridge, for deer?

I 'm currently tuning a 139grain Hornady soft point over H4831, start 62.0 gns - Max 66.0gns, I have a very accurate load at present using 162 SST's,over Viht N165 63gns, but have decided that if I'm going to burn out a barrel, I might as well do it at some decent speeds!......... If I really wanted to go fast, I have a 100gn hollow point from Hornady #2800, these will chunter along @ 3600fps with a squirt from H4350 a little under the Max load of 71.0gns, somewhere there are a few trial loads using Ramshot Magnum, Hornady 139gn soft points varying ladder charges below the max of 77.9gns.
    Warning, these loads are safe in my rifle, they might not be in yours, as always WORK UP!.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    I 'm currently tuning a 139grain Hornady soft point over H4831, start 62.0 gns - Max 66.0gns, I have a very accurate load at present using 162 SST's,over Viht N165 63gns,
    Warning, these loads are safe in my rifle, they might not be in yours, as always WORK UP!.

Your loads are not a safety issue in any of my rifles. I don't have a 7mm wsm, but I do have a 6.5-284 and I accept the warning re: loading practice. It's interesting to me that your "accuracy load" is a heavy for calibre SST over some Viht 165. Same as my 6.5. Does your 162grainer get over the 3000fps MV, or a wee bit under?

Tamus, the Chrony says the average over a five round group is 2825 fps, oddly, the A-max same weight with a much better BC, is averageing 2786 with the same load specs, fastest I saw was with a Mag primer, but accuracy wasn't available.