Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High seat optimum height

High seat optimum height

Whats your thoughts guys?, I'm looking at a portable high seat,1) to avoid it getting nicked and 2) to be able to move it around dif permissions.
    I quite like the loook of this one
    http://bushwear.o.uk/nostyles.php?Pr...23&ClassID=248
    But looking at a few previous posts covering high seats, these seem to come out as "ok", but from the picture the HS looks mighty low to me, so the question as the title is ...what height do you think is best....approx and lets say height at arse level to avoid it being head or feet or anywhere in between.
    Also looked at the jagersport one but sorry I can't see what the extra cost buys, so other suggestions welcome too.

I take it you mean this one http://www.bushwear.co.uk/nostyles.p...23&ClassID=248 Just ordered the complete kit panther/cub/den have not recieved it yet just placed order yesterday but I think it will do the job nicely as to your question of height the panther seat with combined cub extension will give a seat height of 3.2m to base of seat I have already made one high seat with a height of 3.5m simlar to the panther/cub and I find it high enough for my needs some people use higher 4m but but 3.5 works for me
    Last edited by dlz90; 29-09-2010 at 09:10.

I used these on Arran, SCOTLITE. Scotlite Lightweight portable highseats I bought one after getting the details from Chris Brooks at the B.A.S.C. deer dept. I usually keep it in the truck.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

hi nick i have found that around 3mtr to be good although i have just made some that we are testing in scotland that are only 2 mtr for woodland work but i have made some extentions that fit on to bring them up if needed these are designed to fit together with two r clips and pack in a car or van for taking to and from stalking ,wayne

Nick the sportsman gun centre has an off for high seats on at the moment..

ATB
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Dekit View Post
    Nick the sportsman gun centre has an off for high seats on at the moment..

ATB
    Steve
    Just bought two of these and I would not buy anymore, they are cheap and crap. Looking at them I dont think they will still be standing in a years time.

Leon

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    I used these on Arran, SCOTLITE. Scotlite Lightweight portable highseats I bought one after getting the details from Chris Brooks at the B.A.S.C. deer dept. I usually keep it in the truck.
    Manufacture suspended?????

could be an issue regarding them being built on a premanufactured product / patent issue?..... pure guesswork on my part though.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I saw the scotlite ones and liked them but then saw the manufacture suspended ...bugger, thats when I started looking around and at all the others.
    Thanks Dekit ...I did look at their ones but didn't like them and then also there was feedback the same as Leon about them on other posts.
    I figure I'll buy a 4 way ladder and "mod" it to have a seat and shooting rail, once painted I reckon it'll cost no more than 100-120 quid, can pick up the 4 way ladders for 70 inc delivery and thats giving a max height of 3.55m.
    Last edited by NickW; 29-09-2010 at 17:40. Reason: add info

If you are generously proportioned, like me, make sure you check the weight rating on what you want to buy. It depends what you mean by portable too. Will you put it up in a place and leave it for a week then move it? Or do you reckon on carrying it in and out with you? Cause that's inconvenient.

I bought a galvanised highseat that breaks down into sections that will easily go on the roofrack of my jimny, the seat goes in the back of the vehicle. It's portable enough for me.

Please don't waste your money on cheapie ones from Target sports or SGC, I did, and it was utter ****e!

ft

Edit; Height of mine to the seat base is 10'.
    Last edited by flytie; 29-09-2010 at 17:41. Reason: old age.
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.