Wanted: Have chainsaw, will travel

SimpleSimon

Hi all,
I'm offering a saw + operator service for hire. Qualified to NPTC Crosscutting and felling up to 380mm, registered self employed and with all necessary kit. Based in Worcestershire, willing to work elsewhere depending on the job. Any arrangement considered, a few hours or a few months. Assisting others on larger jobs or working in woodland independently to a given specification. I also have some experience driving tractors and telehandlers if required for extraction (you would need to supply the machine, though!)

If may help you get work if you expand on what experience you have. Being qualified does not equal experience

Hi Simon
Put an add on Gumtree its local and its FREE, there could well be people with trees in their garden that need attention, may not be forestry work but it could bring you in some work
Cheers and good luck
Ray

Right you are, and the true answer is "very little".
Of course, that's just a bit more than anybody has when they start out ;)

You are correct indeed, we all start at the bottom. If people know what you can do and have experience in, you will stand more of a chance.

Simon. Drop me a line and i'll have a word with a few people see if I can get you a foot in somewhere. I can't promise anything as I've been out of the timber for a good few years, but I do know a few folk.

Beauty! I have a tree that came down in a bit of wind,dropped in the back paddock,easy access for you mate..ring me lol.

Ring me with a price,I would like it cut and split into foot blocks thanks :eek:

easter%20tree_zps473pzfwn.jpg

Beauty! I have a tree that came down in a bit of wind,dropped in the back paddock,easy access for you mate..ring me lol.

Ring me with a price,I would like it cut and split into foot blocks thanks :eek:

easter%20tree_zps473pzfwn.jpg

I'll do it for a couple of crates of beer and a fry up, but it'll have to wait until the 32nd of Septober, I've got a lot on at the mo...

The 32nd eh hmmmmm

Anyway you will need your 090 Stihl with a 48" bar to get halfway Simon..the beer is in the fridge!

Back