Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meat mincer

Regular Poster

Meat mincer

I bought one of these a few years ago and am still using for every deer I butcher. I have told friends about them and they also have found a good tool at a good price. Presently they are on offer and I thought others may be interested.

Electric Meat Grinder | Northern Tool + Equipment

Thanks for posting buddy, wore out my last mincer and was just about to spend quite a lot more on another........seeing this has made my day - cheers !!!

Regular Poster
    Well if you get 1/2 the life I've had out of mine already it is worth its money.

They also sell spares so it may be worth getting an extra cutter as that is the only thing that wears. Mine got dropped into the bin by mistake without noticing and I bought a couple of new ones for around 8 so I now have a spare.

I could never get on with the sausage stuffers though so if you can make them work let me know. The meat mix was either too thick to go through the tube or too thin and the sausage came out at an alaming rate with no time to twist them into sausages ! 6 foot sauges wont go in my pan !

How much meet will the top tray hold and does it mince at a good rate? Cheers FM.

Regular Poster
    The tray is approx 7" x 10" x 1.5" but is slightly shaped rather than a perfect rectangle. I don’t know how much weight that holds but I tend to put in 3-4 handfuls of cut up bits and then feed them through with the plastic plunger – included with mincer.
    Rate of feed is I feel very good. Without straining the machine I feed through about 20-25 lbs during a Burger making session in about 10 mins but I do keep the disc clean and remove when it is partially clogged with the gristle and sinew that meat for mincing tends to have.
    By the way to clean the disc holes easily just hold under a scalding tap but mind your fingers as the metal takes the heat quickly.

Cheers, Just ordered one. FM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wapiti View Post
    Thanks for posting buddy, wore out my last mincer and was just about to spend quite a lot more on another........seeing this has made my day - cheers !!!
    x2 there bud. Thank you

Are the spares available from them? I can't find the cutters anywhere.
    Thanks

Regular Poster
    Tuck,
    I just rang and asked and they were in the post the same day - I didnt even look in the catalogue.

Thanks mate just orderd one and the burger press.