Thread: Foxing last week

Foxing last week

Thanks to his hard work my shooting partner Richard & I have picked up a new permission, a 250 acre mainly arable farm with a few sheep. Lots of fox & pigeons to sort out unfortunately no deer as the owners like to see them around the place.

Went out last Wednesday & I got these three at ranges varying from 30 to 170 yards all this years cubs. They are still not coming into the call but at least they are now stopping & looking in our direction instead of scooting off.

2 vixens & 1 dog, the best shot was not the 170 yard one as you might have expected but the 30 yard one which was a off hand snap shot as I walked round a field margin corner. She stuck her head up above a grass tussock & my shot took the top of the skull clean off.

I'm not good off hand or on sticks, I've found as I get older I get the shakes far too easily these days so I was really pleased with it.

We usually mount the rifles on bipods on the roof of the Range Rover or just recently we have both acquired the long Harris bipods & sit at the top of the fields on the rubber mat from the back of Richards Defender, it helps that all the land falls away into a couple of small valleys.

Out again tonight.

Cheers

Chris

Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rob View Post
    Thanks to his hard work my shooting partner Richard & I have picked up a new permission, a 250 acre mainly arable farm with a few sheep. Lots of fox & pigeons to sort out unfortunately no deer as the owners like to see them around the place.

Went out last Wednesday & I got these three at ranges varying from 30 to 170 yards all this years cubs. They are still not coming into the call but at least they are now stopping & looking in our direction instead of scooting off.

2 vixens & 1 dog, the best shot was not the 170 yard one as you might have expected but the 30 yard one which was a off hand snap shot as I walked round a field margin corner. She stuck her head up above a grass tussock & my shot took the top of the skull clean off.

I'm not good off hand or on sticks, I've found as I get older I get the shakes far too easily these days so I was really pleased with it.

We usually mount the rifles on bipods on the roof of the Range Rover or just recently we have both acquired the long Harris bipods & sit at the top of the fields on the rubber mat from the back of Richards Defender, it helps that all the land falls away into a couple of small valleys.

Out again tonight.

Cheers

Chris

Nice shooting, sounds like a nice piece of land.

Would you believe it, went out last night till 2.30 & only saw 1 fox & this one was on a mission to elsewhere & disappeared through a hedge in a flash. Oh well thats foxing for you, shot a couple of rabbits for bait with the HMR & saw 6 Roe which was nice.

Chris
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

yes would defo believe it:0. Area that sixe probably good to bait a couple of areas witht eh bunnies your shooting adn keep calling abck to see if they have been taken...Can use the alarm clock trick to see whn too!!!