Foxing last week

Chris Rob

Thanks to his hard work my shooting partner Richard & I have picked up a new permission, a 250 acre mainly arable farm with a few sheep. Lots of fox & pigeons to sort out :D unfortunately no deer as the owners like to see them around the place. :(

Went out last Wednesday & I got these three at ranges varying from 30 to 170 yards all this years cubs. They are still not coming into the call but at least they are now stopping & looking in our direction instead of scooting off.

2 vixens & 1 dog, the best shot was not the 170 yard one as you might have expected but the 30 yard one which was a off hand snap shot as I walked round a field margin corner. She stuck her head up above a grass tussock & my shot took the top of the skull clean off.

I'm not good off hand or on sticks, I've found as I get older I get the shakes far too easily these days
icon_e_sad.gif
so I was really pleased with it.

We usually mount the rifles on bipods on the roof of the Range Rover or just recently we have both acquired the long Harris bipods & sit at the top of the fields on the rubber mat from the back of Richards Defender, it helps that all the land falls away into a couple of small valleys.

Out again tonight.

Cheers

Chris

IMG_0403.jpg

Thanks to his hard work my shooting partner Richard & I have picked up a new permission, a 250 acre mainly arable farm with a few sheep. Lots of fox & pigeons to sort out :D unfortunately no deer as the owners like to see them around the place. :(

Went out last Wednesday & I got these three at ranges varying from 30 to 170 yards all this years cubs. They are still not coming into the call but at least they are now stopping & looking in our direction instead of scooting off.

2 vixens & 1 dog, the best shot was not the 170 yard one as you might have expected but the 30 yard one which was a off hand snap shot as I walked round a field margin corner. She stuck her head up above a grass tussock & my shot took the top of the skull clean off.

I'm not good off hand or on sticks, I've found as I get older I get the shakes far too easily these days
icon_e_sad.gif
so I was really pleased with it.

We usually mount the rifles on bipods on the roof of the Range Rover or just recently we have both acquired the long Harris bipods & sit at the top of the fields on the rubber mat from the back of Richards Defender, it helps that all the land falls away into a couple of small valleys.

Out again tonight.

Cheers

Chris

IMG_0403.jpg

Nice shooting, sounds like a nice piece of land.

Would you believe it, went out last night till 2.30 & only saw 1 fox & this one was on a mission to elsewhere & disappeared through a hedge in a flash. Oh well thats foxing for you, shot a couple of rabbits for bait with the HMR & saw 6 Roe which was nice.

Chris

yes would defo believe it:0. Area that sixe probably good to bait a couple of areas witht eh bunnies your shooting adn keep calling abck to see if they have been taken...Can use the alarm clock trick to see whn too!!!

Back