Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This has got to be some kind of a record......

This has got to be some kind of a record......

Last Monday (20.09.10) I put in for a variation to my FAC.
    Grampian Police returned it (by post) all signed up on Saturday (27.09.10) While I was up at JayBs. trying to nail one of his Sika Stags. No stags but the variation kind of made up for it.
    Anyone else had a turn around by the Firearms dept as quick?
    Alan

Had a one-for-one variation turned around in a day!

Account Suspended
    Once had a .270 varied to a .30-06. They seemed a bit "unsure" of how to handle the fact that the rifle had the same serial number, ie. a rebarrel and calibre change. That said, Strathclyde's finest the lady "in charge", turned my F.A.C around in about 25 minutes (from me handing over the forms) while I sat waiting in the foyer at Pitt St, Glasgow. That was something like 15 years ago.

When i first applied for FAC for .17hmr i had a visit to check my security and have a chat he checked the land which was just up the road from me on the way home and i recieved cert in a week all done by post,beat that for service,i couldn't believe it ,not been that lucky since though last variation took about a month.
    Neil.

wish I lived in Grampian not Devon .Think youself lucky

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Same day, one for one, that was Wiltshire. Here in Northern, they offered to to a one for one on the same day, but opted for drop off Tuesday, pick up Friday. That was to buy a 22-250 once the .243 was sold/disposed of and buy a .270 once the .308 was sold/disposed of.

I have only positive things to say about Northern.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

+1 for Wiltshire....dropped the variation form into Police HQ, and was asked to wait in reception while they processed it. This is not unusual, as they've dealt with several variations for me on a similar basis.
    Last edited by Moonraker68; 29-09-2010 at 16:17. Reason: tried to get rid of the 2nd "not" but failed!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker68 View Post
    +1 for Wiltshire....dropped the variation form into Police HQ, and was asked to wait in reception while they processed it. This is not unusual, as they've dealt with several variations for me on a similar basis.
    I have to go on my motorcycle at the crack of sparrowfart, just to make sure I can get to Cheshire police HQ, before the jobsworth comes on duty at the barrier, what happened to public accsess to police buildings anyway?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    I have to go on my motorcycle at the crack of sparrowfart, just to make sure I can get to Cheshire police HQ, before the jobsworth comes on duty at the barrier, what happened to public accsess to police buildings anyway?
    They don't want the public interfering with their day .

I once had one turned around in about 3 hrs by South Yorkshire police.

wadas