This has got to be some kind of a record......

alan

Last Monday (20.09.10) I put in for a variation to my FAC.
Grampian Police returned it (by post) all signed up on Saturday (27.09.10) While I was up at JayBs. trying to nail one of his Sika Stags. No stags but the variation kind of made up for it.
Anyone else had a turn around by the Firearms dept as quick?
Alan

Once had a .270 varied to a .30-06. They seemed a bit "unsure" of how to handle the fact that the rifle had the same serial number, ie. a rebarrel and calibre change. That said, Strathclyde's finest :D the lady "in charge", turned my F.A.C around in about 25 minutes (from me handing over the forms) while I sat waiting in the foyer at Pitt St, Glasgow. That was something like 15 years ago.

When i first applied for FAC for .17hmr i had a visit to check my security and have a chat he checked the land which was just up the road from me on the way home and i recieved cert in a week all done by post,beat that for service,i couldn't believe it ,not been that lucky since though last variation took about a month.
Neil.

Same day, one for one, that was Wiltshire. Here in Northern, they offered to to a one for one on the same day, but opted for drop off Tuesday, pick up Friday. That was to buy a 22-250 once the .243 was sold/disposed of and buy a .270 once the .308 was sold/disposed of.

I have only positive things to say about Northern.

TJ

+1 for Wiltshire....dropped the variation form into Police HQ, and was asked to wait in reception while they processed it. This is not unusual, as they've dealt with several variations for me on a similar basis.

Last edited:
+1 for Wiltshire....dropped the variation form into Police HQ, and was asked to wait in reception while they processed it. This is not unusual, as they've dealt with several variations for me on a similar basis.
I have to go on my motorcycle at the crack of sparrowfart, just to make sure I can get to Cheshire police HQ, before the jobsworth comes on duty at the barrier, what happened to public accsess to police buildings anyway?:eek:

I have to go on my motorcycle at the crack of sparrowfart, just to make sure I can get to Cheshire police HQ, before the jobsworth comes on duty at the barrier, what happened to public accsess to police buildings anyway?:eek:

They don't want the public interfering with their day ;).

Dyfed Powys Police...

Turned around a variation for a .22 mod in 1 hour. Rang the office....bring in variation form.....leave at reception....come back in an hour. And they did !:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Needless to say I sent a letter in to congratulate them on their sterling work.:tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Rocky

another one for wiltshire i have benn asked to wait in reception also it took a total of 10 mins it take's longer to fill out the form

Sat in the foyer at Dumfries whilst a variation on my FAC went through in about 10 minutes, always had positive feedback / info from them over the phone too, so I'm very confident with my local firearms dept

Northern Constabulary have done quite a few one for one variations for me while I waited, and I know they have done it for lots of other folk.

John

Back