Thread: Tilley Hats!

Red face Tilley Hats!

About fifteen years ago I bought a Tilley hat after my previous one (and a load of other kit) was stolen from my car. It finally wore out, after being salmon and sea trout fishing all over the UK, worn at least three times a day dog walking for threequarters of the year, beating, game shooting, cricket watching, clay pigeon shooting and stalking (in the last 7 years). So I looked at their web site and it says, "if it wears out, we will replace it", so I sent it back to them last Friday along with a 5.00 handling fee. This morning I recieved my nice new Tilley hat, and they sent my old favourite back to me too.

In these days of shoddy goods and poor service it is nice to be able to report that there is a firm out there, making quality goods, who stand by their guarantee. I am nothing to do with the firm, but I can assure you all that if you buy their products, you will not be dissapointed. Truly outstanding service!!!

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by flytie View Post
    About fifteen years ago I bought a Tilley hat after my previous one (and a load of other kit) was stolen from my car. It finally wore out, after being salmon and sea trout fishing all over the UK, worn at least three times a day dog walking for threequarters of the year, beating, game shooting, cricket watching, clay pigeon shooting and stalking (in the last 7 years). So I looked at their web site and it says, "if it wears out, we will replace it", so I sent it back to them last Friday along with a 5.00 handling fee. This morning I recieved my nice new Tilley hat, and they sent my old favourite back to me too.

In these days of shoddy goods and poor service it is nice to be able to report that there is a firm out there, making quality goods, who stand by their guarantee. I am nothing to do with the firm, but I can assure you all that if you buy their products, you will not be dissapointed. Truly outstanding service!!!

ft
    I've had exactly the same experience with Tilley, they did write on my old hat with a big black marker pen when they sent it back though! As if I would have thought of waiting six months then getting a mate to send it back again! JC

Quote Originally Posted by JC275 View Post
    I've had exactly the same experience with Tilley, they did write on my old hat with a big black marker pen when they sent it back though! As if I would have thought of waiting six months then getting a mate to send it back again! JC
    JC, Mine too has a big black R done in marker pen. I suppose you can understand why, although i will patch mine and keep using it and save the new one for "best".

ft

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Thought i had lost mine in the summer i was gutted , quite relieved when it turned up , strange how you get attached to bits of kit .

Keith