Lymph node picture thread?

FISH BOY

Been scouring the forum for pictures of healthy lymph nodes, however understandably the majority of photos are of nodes that have been shared for futher investigation or information showing an issue.

With my DSC2 approaching and with my main quarry being roe and muntie, I would be keen to see pictures of healthy red, fallow and sikas nodes for comparison.

Dont suppose anyone has a library of pictures they would be kind enough to share?

Otherwise perhaps we could start one?

Attachments

• A8B87C6F-6E65-4DAB-BEA5-CF957D060FAC.jpg
    A8B87C6F-6E65-4DAB-BEA5-CF957D060FAC.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 246
Been scouring the forum for pictures of healthy lymph nodes, however understandably the majority of photos are of nodes that have been shared for futher investigation or information showing an issue.

With my DSC2 approaching and with my main quarry being roe and muntie, I would be keen to see pictures of healthy red, fallow and sikas nodes for comparison.

Dont suppose anyone has a library of pictures they would be kind enough to share?

Otherwise perhaps we could start one?

Ha, saw title, clicked thread, clicked straight on to photo and thought 'what's wrong with that??' then read post - good idea

The difference between normal and abnormal nodes is not just what they look like. Normal nodes are usually oval or kidney shaped, soft or rubbery and when cut are solid with a definite two layer appearance and are pale .
Abnormal nodes tend to be round, hard, red or black and often contain fluid or pus.

BE

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by South of the M4
Those look like salivary glands to me.

Ones behind are but the small oval structures are lymph nodes associated with the submandibular salivary gland. The salivary gland is in a capsule and these are two distinct entities from them.

The two structures look to be the same colour and texture. The submaxillary glands would be a different colour. So I'm sticking with salivary glands.

Anyone else have an opinion?

They are certainly submandibular in position. If they were submaxillary (yes I know that term is widely used) then they would be in the roof of the mouth.

IMG_3297.jpgIMG_3296.jpgIMG_3295.jpgIMG_3294.jpgIMG_3301.jpg

[FONT=&quot]I shot a couple of fallow prickets last night. Got back and saw this thread hadn’t moved on much, so fished out the heads and took some photos this morning. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Got only 1 submaxillary image, cut, forward of the salivary gland. See the differences in colour and tissue type.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2 images of the retropharyngeals, forward of the atlas joint.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I also inspect the parotids, one each side, edge of the masseter muscle. I don’t know why stalkers don’t, easy to when you are doing the other nodes; they drain lymph from the lips, muzzle, part of the gums, nasal septum and most of the muscles, bone and skin of the head.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]These are all larger than mature deer lymph nodes, as they tend to atrophy with age and then not leak so much lymph when cut.[/FONT]

Back