Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: boar

  1. #1

    boar

    Im sure i saw a young boar laying dead by the side of the berwick upon tweed by pass yesterday,anyone know if there are boar around that area as i have never seen any before

  2. #2
    You might find this site useful - Wild Boar in Britain

    It may also be worth logging what you've seen on their tracking page!
    "If you're shooting badly, you need a new gun. If you're shooting well then you deserve a new gun."

    Self confessed Schultz and Larsen addict.

  3. #3
    Interesting! I note the sighting in Drimmie Woods, just up the road from me!!!!

    *wanders off in search of some 150gr SP*
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 270TOMMY View Post
    Im sure i saw a young boar laying dead by the side of the berwick upon tweed by pass yesterday,anyone know if there are boar around that area as i have never seen any before
    Where about? I have not heard of any in the area but if you can give me a location i'll go and make an ID. Im in the area a lot. pm if you don't want to post it.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
    Where about? I have not heard of any in the area but if you can give me a location i'll go and make an ID. Im in the area a lot. pm if you don't want to post it.
    saw one 1m north of earlston a few years ago

    There are two types of shooters - the fulfilled and successful ones - with a 7 X 57 and those poor souls who have not yet decided to get one!

  6. #6
    Am I right in thinking that they do move considerable distances in search of food? I know a lot of farmers round here, no ones mentioned seeing any but that doesn't mean there aren't any. There was a guy just up the road from me who used to keep them. I keep meaning togo down there for a look to see if there are any signs of escapees having gone native.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
    Am I right in thinking that they do move considerable distances in search of food? I know a lot of farmers round here, no ones mentioned seeing any but that doesn't mean there aren't any. There was a guy just up the road from me who used to keep them. I keep meaning togo down there for a look to see if there are any signs of escapees having gone native.

    Seems a like a plausible explanation as, let’s be honest, they haven’t come down from Inverness or from D&G.

    feral hogs,,,one step closer to our Yankee brethren, all we need to do now is hunt them in shorts with cheap 500NE double rifles to practice for that Africa trip that never happens, but discuss it on africahunting forum day in and day out for years, ....is that mean?
    Last edited by PKL; 21-08-2018 at 14:53.

    There are two types of shooters - the fulfilled and successful ones - with a 7 X 57 and those poor souls who have not yet decided to get one!

  8. #8
    Tom D as you go northbound between the first and second roundabout it was laying by the side of the southbound carrageway near the bottom of the hill approx 50 yards before the second roundabout hope this helps.I pass this way 8 times a week and never seen what i thought was a boar i see lots of deer every day in the light mornings on my way north and in the dark mornings quite a few owls as its about 4am on the way up

  9. #9
    So just south of the tweed. where the overtaking lane is?

  10. #10

Similar Threads

  1. Available Driven wild boar serbia - dec 7th 2016 94 boar - 4 days - no overages
    By A1Decoy.co.uk in forum Wild Boar Opportunities
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2016, 12:24
  2. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 21-05-2016, 11:46
  3. JAN 2016 MONTERIA available 150 Animals Boar ,Red Deer,Free shooting Stags,Boar,Hinds
    By A1Decoy.co.uk in forum Big Game Hunting Opportunities
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-12-2015, 13:18
  4. Available NOV 2015 DRIVEN WILD BOAR SERBIA Trip 1 shot 100 Boar to 10 guns
    By A1Decoy.co.uk in forum Wild Boar Opportunities
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-11-2015, 13:14
  5. Available DRIVEN WILD BOAR OCT 2015 2 Days 40 to 50 Boar . BULGARIA
    By A1Decoy.co.uk in forum Wild Boar Opportunities
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-09-2015, 08:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •