Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Hypothetical scenarios.....

3 Hypothetical scenarios.....

OK, let's say it's tonight, and official sunset is 18:40, so last legal shot by 19:40.

Scenario 1 -

It's now 18:55. You've decided it's just got too dark to continue stalking a begin to drive down a farm track. As you round a corner you see a Roe Buck in the headlights out in the field. You stop the vehicle and turn the lights off. You can see the silhouette of the animal to shoot it but not enough to identify it as a Buck. However, you just identified it in the headlights. BANG! - Down it goes. Quick retrieve and off down the track again....

Scenario 2 -

It's now 19:15. Driving down the track, you see another set of eyes in a dip at the side of the road but can't quite make out what it is. You stop the vehicle, but leave the lights on as the animal is just on the edge of the beam. A quick check through the binos reveals it's another Roe Buck! Happy days! BANG! - Down it goes. Quick retrieve and off again...

Scenario 3 -

It's now 19:35. (only 5 minutes left to shoot legally)!
    You decide that a "hatrick" would be quite special and drive around the fields to look for another. You soon find another Roe Buck in the headlights and stop the vehicle leaving the headlights on. It's now 19:39, better be quick! BANG! Down it goes....

19:40, Unload, gralloch deer, travel home.

Right then....

1. How many of the scenarios would you get up to?
    2. Have I broken the law at any time?
    3. Is what I have done safe?
    4. Is what I have done ethical?
    5. Am I a naughty little Monkey!

MS
    Last edited by Monkey Spanker; 30-09-2010 at 19:49.

You might if caught be spanking your monkey in to the sticky sock in the jail if you get caught shooting in artificial light with out a night licence

Ahh, but I wasn't on the first one as my lights were turned off!
    Oh, and why do I need a night license as it is within 1 hour of sunset!
    MS
    Last edited by Monkey Spanker; 30-09-2010 at 19:38.

Time line is out MS

Scenario 2 -

It's now 19:55

Quote Originally Posted by Dakaras View Post
    Time line is out MS

Scenario 2 -

It's now 19:55
    Edited!

You dont need a night licence if your useing artificial light as long as you dont get caught. s2

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    OK, let's say it's tonight, and official sunset is 18:40, so last legal shot by 19:40.

Scenario 1 -

It's now 18:55. You've decided it's just got too dark to continue stalking a begin to drive down a farm track. As you round a corner you see a Roe Buck in the headlights out in the field. You stop the vehicle and turn the lights off. You can see the silhouette of the animal to shoot it but not enough to identify it as a Buck. However, you just identified it in the headlights. BANG! - Down it goes. Quick retrieve and off down the track again....

Scenario 2 -

It's now 19:15. Driving down the track, you see another set of eyes in a dip at the side of the road but can't quite make out what it is. You stop the vehicle, but leave the lights on as the animal is just on the edge of the beam. A quick check through the binos reveals it's another Roe Buck! Happy days! BANG! - Down it goes. Quick retrieve and off again...

Scenario 3 -

It's now 19:35. (only 5 minutes left to shoot legally)!
    You decide that a "hatrick" would be quite special and drive around the fields to look for another. You soon find another Roe Buck in the headlights and stop the vehicle leaving the headlights on. It's now 19:39, better be quick! BANG! Down it goes....

19:40, Unload, gralloch deer, travel home.

Right then....

1. How many of the scenarios would you get up to?
    2. Have I broken the law at any time?
    3. Is what I have done safe?
    4. Is what I have done ethical?
    5. Am I a naughty little Monkey!

MS
    You start by saying you're packing in because it's got too dark. Leave aside the difficulty (in Scenario 1) of getting your gun back together and loaded because you've likely stowed it away for transport, you then say you couldn't clearly identify your target. Game over. Scenarios 2 and 3 aren't happening. Unless you're a very naughty Monkey.... who might just have shot a badger spotter.
    Last edited by Tamus; 30-09-2010 at 20:10. Reason: not funny, so smiley removed

Quote Originally Posted by Tamus View Post
    You start by saying you're packing in because it's got too dark. Leave aside the difficulty (in Scenario 1) of getting your gun back together and loaded because you've likely stowed it away for transport, you then say you couldn't clearly identify your target. Game over. Scenarios 2 and 3 aren't happening. Unless you're a very naughty Monkey.... who might just have shot a badger spotter .
    But it's only too dark to stalk on foot!
    My gun was made safe, but by my side in case a pesky 'Charlie' appeared on the way out!
    I clearly identified the target in my headlights before I turned them off!
    So scenario 1 is yes?

Up here you have broken the the Law (Deer Act Scotland) in Scenario 1 maybe just the spirit of the law but in 2 & 3 the law

Down in England though I dont think you have broken any laws.
    As down there you could even use a Image Intensifier or other night vision as long as it is between 1 hour before sunrise and 1 hour after sun set where as up here they are a big no no

Quote Originally Posted by sweep 6.5x55 View Post
    Up here you have broken the the Law (Deer Act Scotland) in Scenario 1 maybe just the spirit of the law but in 2 & 3 the law

Down in England though I dont think you have broken any laws.
    As down there you could even use a Image Intensifier or other night vision as long as it is between 1 hour before sunrise and 1 hour after sun set where as up here they are a big no no
    Quality reply Sweep!
    I'm off to get some popcorn!