Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cz 452 stocks

cz 452 stocks

got a cz 452 shilloute and i hate the stock!
    recently ive noticed puting custom stocks on them so im just wondering if any body has a standard cz american walnut stock lying about that they no longer require and would be willing to sell?

thanks in advance.

Know what CZ-USA charges for a walnut "American" stock?? About 2/3 the cost of the rifle!! Yikes!! ~Muir

Fly,

I wouldn't put my house on it but I'm not sure that the walnut and plastic stocks are interchangeable. I'd be slightly cautious before you commit to one. Checking with Edgars would be a good idea.

Best wishes,

Tim

Or do as I did when I bought my Brno Mod 2 - it had a very tatty wooden stock, I had a nice piece of Cherry wood from a tree in the garden that I had cut down a few years before, and with the aid of some chisels, gouges and a rasp and many happy evenings I quietly witled out a full size stock for it so it feels like a stalking rifle. OK its not of the same quality as a professionally made stock, but it is a real pleasure to use.

I would have thought most Brno or CZ wooden stocks can be made to fit, although my need a bit of work. Some CZ's have a recoil / mounting block under the reasight with a screw through the stock, where-as the Americans are just mounted via the action.

Easiest would be to just glass bed them in, thus avoiding careful inletting.

[I would have thought most Brno or CZ wooden stocks can be made to fit, although my need a bit of work. Some CZ's have a recoil / mounting block under the reasight with a screw through the stock, where-as the Americans are just mounted via the action.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Heym, that was what I was trying to remember.

Regards,

Tim

Yes the bottom metal arrangement is different on the Silhouette as opposed to the American.

I think I have seen somewhere in the US that someone is doing laminates for them.

I am trying to search the memory banks as to where I may have seen these.

I am going to just have a quick look on Boyds although I am pretty sure that is not where I have seen them.

I feel the same as you do. I have the same rifle and also dislike the stock.

If I find the laminates I will post it up.

I like the Wild Dog ones but they are mega money.

There actually is a fair sized market I would say for a reasonably priced alternative.

hi guys

i have a laminate stock on my .22lr cz american and its a left hander,

the guy does plenty stocks for cz,s

but my stock was different.....i basically have 3 screws holding rifle into the stock includint the 2 trigger guard ones......
    according to the guy who made the stock normally the .22lr has 4.....and the .17 has 3

so wether or not its coz mine is a left hander or it was just what was available at the time i dunnoe

heres where i got mine from
    http://www.laminategunstocks.co.uk/

since found out these a Richardsstocks form america too.

guy was fine to deal with and the stock is a belter

here mine
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...-blinged-.22lr

Quote Originally Posted by fly tyer View Post
    got a cz 452 shilloute and i hate the stock!
    recently ive noticed puting custom stocks on them so im just wondering if any body has a standard cz american walnut stock lying about that they no longer require and would be willing to sell?

thanks in advance.

Hia Fly,
    Why not just swap it for one of the new thumbhole 452's, cheaper in the end probably. Very pretty too. Good ergonomics, I have hands like an orang-utan and I can use it just dandy ! Sorry about that i'm watching the Beverly Hill Billies !

Cheers

Ade
    HOW MANY HALF TRUTHS MAKE A STORY.....ALL OF THEM.....JUST NOT THE WHOLE STORY !

Silhouette stocks are ok, but not brilliant.
    Is your Silhouette a .22lr or a .17HMR, makes a difference as to which wood stock will fit.
    The only drop in fit will be a Varmint stock, but it will have an over size barrel channel.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    Silhouette stocks are ok, but not brilliant.
    Is your Silhouette a .22lr or a .17HMR, makes a difference as to which wood stock will fit.
    The only drop in fit will be a Varmint stock, but it will have an over size barrel channel.

Neil.

If its the .22 there is one here

AirgunBBS.com