Last chance to vote

jon2

Dear all

This is your last chance to vote Griff (Neil Griffiths) onto BASC council and is your last chance to vote for someone who will make a significant impact to affect change positively within the shooting community.Also someone who will not put up with any BS or nonsense

So this is your last chance to make sure your Granny and 3rd cousin removed cast their vote and use it to the best effect.

PS closing date to vote is 4th June. Results will be known at the AGM to be held on the 14th June I believe.

We had various threads about BASC and the fact that they don't listen to its members. No reply from BASC on any of them even when they were invited to comment. All of a sudden BASC needs our help, no thanks not interested.

Beowulf said:
We had various threads about BASC and the fact that they don't listen to its members. No reply from BASC on any of them even when they were invited to comment. All of a sudden BASC needs our help, no thanks not interested.

:eek: I think thats kind of the point, Neil Griffiths will hopefully bring a bit of the 'every day man' to the basc council :confused:

Well as I have just said, Griff and the rest of BASC have been very absent for many of the members of this site. They were told about the discussions we were having on this site. If some thing was going to be done, if Griff wanted our support; surely that was the time to get our trust and his votes. I wont be renewing my membership of BASC and I'm sure that will be the case for many on here.

Trust is won with actions in the here and now, not empty promises on the wind.

I agree Mr. B. If our vote was so important, maybe a quick post or two from the man himself would not have gone a miss.

Jon2,

OK, who is Neil Griffith? Who is he and what can he do for us as stalkers (Deer!) in the world of BASC and the wider community?

Who is our present point of contact within BASC for stalkers/stalking?

And why would he make a difference? Where is he from? What is his background?

An answer or two would not go a miss

He is the BASC Co Ordinator and stalker for the Isle of Arran. He is generally well supported on another site called Accurate Reloading. Some of our members are also members of this site.

I myself am a member, but only because several individuals on the site questioned my having access and leasing up to 180,000 acres of stalking across the UK. Griff was one of the doubters, although I will say they all apologised to the man when they found out who I was.

I agree with Mr B, BASC have not responded to our threads on this site, which I hoped they would. I suppose it goes to show that their attitude has still not changed :cry: what a pity.

I think that the 'Us and Them' attitude that we know of BASC is being used here to get our support.
It’s not in my opinion a case of the ‘well to do’ BASC hierarchy members ignoring the general membership and looking down their noses at us, its whoever gets into that BASC clique; whatever their background forgetting who put them there. Once they don the mustard coloured corduroy trousers and cravat and get some free meals and booze down their necks, the memory loss comes into play.
BASC must model itself on this Labour Government, promising the world, getting their feet under the table and then ignoring its people but expecting them to pay through the nose for the privilege!

So come on BASC lets have it what are you going to do for us?

BASC cuts down a whole forest in order to publicize its candidates for its council. These leaflets fall annoyingly out of the magazine and gets put through the shedder or goes in the bin in my house hold. All that money wasted! I happen to know that this site runs on a very tight budget and that the Administration does it for the love of it. So why do BASC feel with all their money that they can use this site to promote its candidates? Surely if they had gone through the correct channels they would have been invited to mention all candidates rather than just one?

Whoever wins needs to stop ignoring this site, its membership and our views and needs to respect this site and ask permission to use this site to promote its political views.

The ball is in your court BASC; choose your words in response carefully.

Whilst I don't like people and politicians touting around for votes - usually the only time you see or hear from them - , I feel the very fact that Mr Griffiths has, as far as I can see me. made no attempt to speak to us using this Forum speaks volumes.

No vote from me and I will be looking around for alternative insurance when my BASC membership is up for renewal later this year.

Nick

I am not sure but I assume the person concerned is Griffshrek on this site. I have looked at his posts here and AR and he seems eminently reasonable and seems the kind of guy that would be able to represent those that stalk perfectly adequately. I dont know him and probably wont vote, but respect the fact that he has not used either forum to gain political capitol. If he was elected at least we could PM him and give him the benefit of our views.

Grif if I have confused you with someone else, please forgive.

Grant

You are not the only confused bloke on the site. We seem to have a Griff, Griffshrek, Griff1 and a ngriff. Will the real Slim Shady please stand up! :lol:

I don't often visit this site, because of the difficulty I have had login in. For any doubting thomas's you can visit my profile on AR and see for yourself that I am indeed no politician but an out and out Stalker/Wildfowler.

To put the record straight, I am not employed by Basc but contracted to run the Stalking Scheme on the Isle of Arran, I have been contracted to Basc for the last 7 years on a self employed basis.
This being the case I do NOT speak for Basc, and as I explained previously I do not visit this site on a regular basis, so could not therefore comment on any of the problems members seem to be having, however you can see from my profile I have visited occasionly from Nov 2007.
I was asked by several Basc members to stand for council because like me they were fed up the way that the organisation was being steered. I had my doubts at first of running for council, the more involved I got within the organisation the more dissilusioned I became, a bit like some of the members on this site, but because of the support from Basc members decicded to continue,and not let them down.
You ask me what can I do for you! at the moment NOTHING, if elected I will be only one person on a council of 19, but there are others like me who are really ****ed at the direction at which the organisation is taking, I may not be able to change anything immediately but will give it a go.. but first I need to get elected!
I made a suggestion to Basc staff that a members website in which the members can have a say, but upto press this has KB.
As I said earlier I am no politician, don't like BS and call a spade a spade, what you see is what you get..

There are various issues that need to be addressed, but I cannot begin to do anything about them until I am elected,then I will be approaching the likes of these websites for your comments and direction.

Beowulf,
I am sorry that you feel like you do,and it is understandable in view of the present state of Basc, But not renewing your membership is not the way to make change. I have no doubt that trying to make change will be like banging my head against a brick wall! so stay with us.. I may need your support. :(

Should I get elected, I will always be asking "is this what the members want" and does this benefit the members"! And what can the mebers do for the organisation, because the door should swing bothways..

This should be a members organisations run by the members..

I cannot instigate change if I don't get voted in!

Regards
Griff
Neil.Griffiths

Beowulf,
have been trying to log on all morning even tried registering under a new name ngriff and griff1, but as always my laptop seems to have a problem with this site, and does not recognise my password. I have e-mailed admin with my problems . but have not had a repsonse event the forgot password box does not work!!
hope this clears up any confusion.. as you can see that they have all been registered today..

Regards
griff

Thank you very much Griff for clearing up so many points concerning BASC and this election. I think that you may have more support now because of you open and honest account. You have convinced me and I will support your cause.
As for the loggin, yes I'm the same, my laptop won't let me in either. The site also has problems with certain IP address's. If it is similar to a banned member it bans other members to. Admin is working on that.

We all need a strong BASC and we need BASC to recognise this site, good luck with the election Neil.

I`ve been away from the site for a few weeks and was planning a post on "novices and the dsc1 course", but after reading this post, I had a real feeling of sadness and disappointment, and the levity of the story i`d planned to post, seemed out of place.
For some time now there has been continuing debates on several forums about BASC and its directions, policies, effectiness, attitude, in effect the whole gamet of their organisation; some supporters, but many more detractors.
These detractors are men of all statures within the shooting community,
i.e. pigeon/rabbit shooters, to men who shoot over acreages the size of small kingdoms, but when you read their arguments one thing is absolutely obvious, these are straight talking men, the sort that look you in the eye and tell you how it is!
And what a pleasant change that is!!
So, why have we not had any interaction, communication, argument, or even a dam good rollicking from the BASC hierarchy?
I do not know or even understand why, what I do believe is that this head in the sand attitude is detrimental to our sport and ultimately damaging.
Hence the sadness and disappointment.
for the record;
(1) Rabbit/pigeon shooters---I love the sport!.
(2)So there is no confusion! I am a detractor!!
Tony M.

Sorry Griff, read your post after sending mine.
You have stood up to be counted, and do you know mate, thats all we ask!
Good luck , I`ll help. Tony M.

Griff how do we vote? I have just phoned BASC and they told me that the vote ended in January. :confused:
I imagine that this is not the case so can you shed some light on the subject please.

Just out of curiosity who did you invite from Basc to comment, and what was the thread about..
or just point me in the direction of the thread..

regards
griff

I have to say I like a man that speaks his mind as long as there is integrity there. I think Griff may be that man, I support your efforts Griff, but will not support BASC, the wounds are too deep with them for me, I prefer to help people as much as I can without screwing them.

Good luck, its about time true stalkers/hunters stood together, and this is the site to do it on.

Back