Thread: best practice

best practice

Hi all
    Just a quick question at the moment when I'm target practicing. I use either my sticks or my bipod, because thatís what I use when I'm out stalking. But I was thinking should I be using a more reliable system i.e. a form of rifle rest and a bench?

If you are practising then replicating what you do in the field seems like a good idea to me. However, if you are zeroing or doing load development you should use the most secure rest you are comfortable with to remove as much 'human error' from the equation as possible.

(The exception to this would be if you had a rifle that changes POI depending on how you hold it/what you rest it on, as some do!)

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    If you are practising then replicating what you do in the field seems like a good idea to me. However, if you are zeroing or doing load development you should use the most secure rest you are comfortable with to remove as much 'human error' from the equation as possible.

(The exception to this would be if you had a rifle that changes POI depending on how you hold it/what you rest it on, as some do!)

Alex
    Agree with that one. Regards, Ed.