Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scorpion digital fox caller

scorpion digital fox caller

As any one got good/bad experience of this piece of kit?

I know its not cheap but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this is not a rehearsal, life's too short.

Any one with any knowledge of this bit of kit please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

I've got one (with the older type remote) and it's a good bit of kit. Obviously the success rate is dependent on the sounds you put on it, but being an MP3 device you can put whatever you like on. Programming the device with new sounds and then syncing the list of sounds with the remote is a bit of a faff and if you aren't computer minded probably more so. Get good quality high AH rechargeable batteries because it can eat through them at higher volumes. (it goes up pretty loud!)

Also, disconnect the battery holder inside when not in use because it draws current in standby!

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    I've got one (with the older type remote) and it's a good bit of kit. Obviously the success rate is dependent on the sounds you put on it, but being an MP3 device you can put whatever you like on. Programming the device with new sounds and then syncing the list of sounds with the remote is a bit of a faff and if you aren't computer minded probably more so. Get good quality high AH rechargeable batteries because it can eat through them at higher volumes. (it goes up pretty loud!)

Also, disconnect the battery holder inside when not in use because it draws current in standby!

Alex
    I have the Foxpro Spitfire, its a great piece of kit, my mate has the prairie blaster, also great. Defo leading edge in this technology. Someone was selling a Scorpion on here not so long back and I've seen one for sale on another site. Either Airgun BBS or Pigeon wtch

Spitfire does the job for me. The remote facility works out to 100 yards and the range of calls is good.

Do you use extra speakers or just use the internal one?
    TheSpitfire is cheaper, which is good!

I think the one on here went quite quick!

Quote Originally Posted by martinl View Post
    Do you use extra speakers or just use the internal one?
    TheSpitfire is cheaper, which is good!

I think the one on here went quite quick!
    I don't use an extra speaker. I had the Preymaster caller and shot loads of fox using it, the Spitfire is even louder than that was!! I got mine direct from a chap in the USA in total including shipping it cost me 150 quid, the cheapest I found it in the UK was 200 plus postage from bush wear. If you want to know where I got it from let me know and when I'm back home next week ill send you the details.

Stevie, if you could let me know where in the states you got it, so I could check it/them out.

Bushwear are 200 but dont have any till end of Oct at earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by martinl View Post
    Stevie, if you could let me know where in the states you got it, so I could check it/them out.

Bushwear are 200 but dont have any till end of Oct at earliest.
    Dropped you a PM let me know if you need any more help. Cheers Steve

where you get it from in usa steve pm me to if you dont want to put it on the forum cheers.

PM on the way. Martin has also just placed an order with them. ATB Steve