Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: FAC arrived

  1. #1

    FAC arrived

    If only it was all good news

    .17HMR and .22RF are open

    .243 Rifle and ammunition / Sound Moderator shall be used for SHOOTING FOXES AND ANY OTHER LAWFUL QUARRY (UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF Remmington 700) and zeroing on ranges and land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot.

    So great news its open bad news THEY LEFT OFF DEER!

    I was expecting the mentor condition but wasnt expecting it open day one on the .243 so pretty chuffed all round, just need to get it back to be amended to show deer. Oh well waiting 5 and half months whats another few weeks

  2. #2
    They will probably do that while you wait? Give the FLO a ring and ask if you can pick the new / amended certificate up?

    Works for me on variations etc.

    Very helpful.

  3. #3
    I had exactly the same wording problem so I sent it back the same day and received the amended, correctly worded
    certificate back by return post.

    West Yorkshire have been a pleasure to deal with !!


    Brianm

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakaras View Post

    .243 Rifle and ammunition / Sound Moderator shall be used for SHOOTING FOXES AND ANY OTHER LAWFUL QUARRY (UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF Remmington 700) and zeroing on ranges and land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot.

    So great news its open bad news THEY LEFT OFF DEER!

    Doesn't " Any other lawfull quarry " Cover you from Rats to Red Deer , even feathered variety of quarry aswell
    or is that just a Myth

  5. #5
    +1 on the above.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakaras View Post
    If only it was all good news

    .17HMR and .22RF are open

    .243 Rifle and ammunition / Sound Moderator shall be used for SHOOTING FOXES AND ANY OTHER LAWFUL QUARRY (UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF Remmington 700) and zeroing on ranges and land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot.

    So great news its open bad news THEY LEFT OFF DEER!

    I was expecting the mentor condition but wasnt expecting it open day one on the .243 so pretty chuffed all round, just need to get it back to be amended to show deer. Oh well waiting 5 and half months whats another few weeks
    I find it baffling that the police have issued you an open certificate for a .17 hmr and .22 and a .243 under supervision. Why put a supervision order in on a .243 when you have an open on a .17 and .22.They must have confidence in your ability to issue an open certificate. We would all want a safe backstop regardless of either 3 calibres.The mind boggles. I wish you all the best and am pleased for you. Regards, Ed.

  7. #7
    I have the same on my FAC open on my 17hmr no deer YET on the .243 just fox and any other lawfull quarry, i have to show recipt for a stalking day then i get deer put on FAC..

    ATB

    Steve..........

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekit View Post
    no deer YET on the .243 just fox and any other lawfull quarry, i have to show recipt for a stalking day then i get deer put on FAC..

    ATB

    Steve..........
    Are deer not classed as quarry ??

    So what happens when they stick "Deer" on as a condition
    do you loose the "Any lawfull quarry" staus ??

  9. #9
    Ive just come back from my local gunshop, he thinks any other lawful quarry covers me for deer, but his advice was to get deer clearly stated just in case.
    Also Eddie I was slightly baffled as to why Ive a mentor condition when the cert is also open for .243 but have to have my mentor with me. I was expecting it to be closed and mentor on the .243 but was then told at land check he was recommending me as open on all and a mentor for DEER only. My FEO has basically said all he needs for me to get that removed is a few trips out with mentor and then mentor to ring and say I am muzzle aware.

    On that note another thank you is due to Remington 700 for his offer of mentorship.

    Im going to ring FEO on Monday, if he is happy that any other lawful covers deer then Im not going to kill myself getting it changed. I shall just ask him to confirm that via email.

    But do have to say very chuffed
    Last edited by Dakaras; 02-10-2010 at 15:06.

  10. #10
    Dak, you may find that bringing it to their attention might result in it being removed.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Similar Threads

  1. FAC arrived - Great service from Strathclyde
    By rigboot in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27-09-2010, 09:00
  2. FAC Finally arrived!
    By Jimmy Mc in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16-12-2009, 09:27
  3. New rifle has arrived...
    By Adamant in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-05-2009, 22:07
  4. Yippee, my rifle has finally arrived!
    By Daemo in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 09:42
  5. FAC arrived in the post, thanks Notts police!
    By Daemo in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22-01-2009, 19:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •