Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An early morning meeting.

An early morning meeting.

I got up at the crack of dawn this morning to go out to the range and shoot off the rest of the 8x57 ammunition I had loaded for my Husqvarna. I had just set up some bowling pins to knock over at 25M and loaded the magazine of the Swede when a fox emerged from the stubble field and walked to within 30M of me. We looked at each other for a second or two, and he turned around and retraced his steps into the field.

I have no problem with fox so he was never in any danger, it was just an interesting meeting that made shooting the bowling pins all that much more enjoyable.~Muir

He or She was probably counting blessings! DOH!, wrong chickenshed!!!!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Some folks here hate fox but few have the kind of livestock (chickens) that would be bothered by them. I think it's an old prejudice carried over through generations. What people seem to hold against the fox when I question them is that they eat pheasant chicks. Well.... we have more ringnecks around her than I can count and the foxes don't seem to be making a dent in the population! My son walked up to within 25M of these rascals.... and there were two others that didn't fit into the frame.~Muir
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1906.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	310.6 KB 
ID:	2848

Sorry if this might sound a bit off, but we usually manage to pick em off when they are still bear coloured, but having said that, only on properties that have problems with them.,............... a few landowners prohibit the shooting of fox, that's ok by us, it's nothing personal, I quite like to see some stuff get by!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Not off at all. When I shoot vermin -or what I determine to be vermin- I kill them at any age, any gender. When looking at a cluster of prairiedogs I find the pregnant females and shoot them first. In the spring, when the litters of prairiedog pups some out for the first time, they are really cute, cuddly and innocent-looking little buggers. They'll wander around oblivious to you, just a few yards off, sunning themselves. When I see them it always makes me smile... then I draw my S&W .22 revolver and send them to the Great Beyond. No sense wasting a good centefire bullet on such a little varmint. ~Muir

I could soon be being introduced to the rodinator.......... not sure if that's the correct term / name for it, but it could bring down the workload with the rabbits on one or two places!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    I could soon be being introduced to the rodinator.......... not sure if that's the correct term / name for it, but it could bring down the workload with the rabbits on one or two places!
    not being one to throw a spanner in the works but i thought the rodinators were now banned due to miss use by idiots ?

cheers lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

I heard that they were'nt even allowed just until recently... I would think they may be getting licensed.

What's a rodinator? you've lost me.

with apologies to Andy if this is sliding off topic.