A Top week on the Isle of Arran BASC scheme

crouch valley

Hi all I have just returned from the BASC Isle Arran stalking scheme and it was brilliant what a week we had both myself and my mate had two stags each and we saw plenty more. The weather was fairly kind to us with not to much rain I learnt so much From both Bob the FC stalker there is nothing that man dose not know about Red deer and how to stalk them and all the advice is free. One of the deer we shot took two hours to recover out of a clear fell site that we could not get a quad near and I found it as much fun as shooting the deer to start with. I would recommend this scheme to any one wishing to stalk red deer. I also got so much larder practise for my dsc2 it was invaluable so I will soon be able to send that off and hopefully I will get my dsc2. I would just like to thank Bob and Griff who just make the week so possable and they both put so much effort in to help us all out. The final tally for us was two spikers a nine pointer and a eleven pointer a top week. I will definitely be going back next year.

Once again a big thanks to Griff and Bob. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Nice to meet you matey. You certainly did well! I will definitely be going next year, just maybe not with the same guy! :banghead:

Its well run by Bob and Griff and no matter what people say, its not 'shot out'.

Nice to meet you matey. You certainly did well! I will definitely be going next year, just maybe not with the same guy! :banghead:

Its well run by Bob and Griff and no matter what people say, its not 'shot out'.
You realy need a good partner when you are up there as you are with them quite a bit and if they are of not the same fitness as you they can hamper your chances
quite a bit

As per Old Tikka - glad it was an enjoyable week.

Apaprt from anything else Arran makes for a spectacular landscape in places which makes the week all the more enjoyable.

Back