Devilled Liver.

Monkey Spanker

Although I do eat Liver, I often find it a struggle to eat too much. That was until I discovered (and slightly adapted) this recipe::drool:

Ingredients:
  • 1 tbspn Redcurrant Jelly
  • 1 tbspn Wine vinegar or Cider vinegar
  • 1 tbspn English Mustard
  • A good few shakes of Worcester Sauce
  • A few shakes of Tabasco Sauce
  • Oil
  • 1 lb Liver cut into chunks.
  • 1.5 tbspn double cream or Creme Fraiche
  • Salt and ground black pepper
Mix the Jelly, vinegar, mustard, Worcester & Tabasco together in a bowl.

Heat about 1 tbspn oil in a pan or wok over a medium heat.

Add liver and cook until browned.

Add the above mixture and stir well.

Simmer for a few minutes or until the sauce has reduced to a rich, syrupy glaze.

Stir in the cream and then season to taste.

Serve straight away!

This is normally a breakfast dish which should be served on toast. Works with kidneys too or maybe a mixture of both.

I like it when I come back in from a stalk served with some nice fresh French bread and a glass or 5 of a good red wine! Not ideal if you've been out in the morning though and have to drive to work after!:rolleyes:
Enjoy!
MS:)

Friend of mine used a similar recipe for her placenta (weres the barf emoticon?)

For F***'s Sake!:eek:
Surely that's the DEVILS LIVER!!
I finally find a recipe I like and you go and come out with that piece of news!
I'm not sure I'll ever be able to eat that again now without thinking that I'm eating a 'baby bag'!

Here it is, and rightly so:

MS:D

Last edited:
As my lovely wife is expecting again around Xmas time, curiosity has got the better of me!
I just Googled 'Placenta Recipes' and found this::eek:

http://www.mothers35plus.co.uk/plac_rec2.htm#bolognaise

That'll make a nice change from Turkey then....... :drool:
Maybe I should share the experience?

Would you???
Should you???
Could you????
It'd be like eating a Gralloch surely??:confused::cuckoo:

Whooaaa! --
Off again!

MS:D

I not sure what is wrong with you guys. It's the woman who is supposed to eat it not you. it's to replace her energy levels and get herself back in balance.
MS just tell your good lady its for her own good and she will fell much better after.
Be carefull when you say this though, I can still feel the bumps after i told mine, and my boy's 4 now.

And to think I threw out two fresh placentas yesterday... and a 2nd hand uterus, too. Could have stuffed a goodly sized pie with all that.:cuckoo:~Muir

What about wrapping a full liver inside a fresh placenta and roasting it with onions and garlic...mmmmmmmmmm yummmm!
The best of both worlds haha

There was a programme on the TV a few months back about pregnancy, childbirth etc.

On there was a lady (one of these new age hippy types) whos job it was to get mothers back up to health & help deal with the ordeals of motherhood etc. She actually gets paid for taking the mothers placenta, cooking it up & making it into a smoothie for them to drink!!

Something to do with the residual hormone levels in the placenta aiding the bodies recovery.

The Mrs was about a week off her due date at that time & i gested that we should get her round afterwards... its just as well looks cant kill.

Dale

Looking sounds good....i sure will must be try this at home...i also found one this type of nice recipe.I sure will must be next time post here.....Thanks for sharing this....

Back