Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poacher

Poacher

Whilst feeding the pheasants on our shoot today , we were told about the rescue of an elderly couple who had got lost on the fell yesterday while out walking , and ended up calling the emergency services when it got dark . 20 odd people and an awful lot of lights . They were found safe and well at 2230 and taken back to their accomodation. Well back to today while on the quad I noticed something in a bracken , upon looking closer a BUILDERS WHEELBARROW which i think was abandoned by a startled poacher, with all the rescue commotion ( we know who he is , he owns a paddock near our land ) , so if he is looking on here ( which I dont think he is ) Dave has your wheelbarrow and you can call in for it if you so wish

Excellent result all round!

What a remedy..."Try it again and yer 'barrow gets it!"
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Could you not have took finger prints from the handle bars.

I have found many things out on the hill before but a wheelbarrow, that's priceless. You should ask Dave if he knows anyone looking to buy a wheelbarrow since you found on the other day.

I have never had a poacher leave me better off than before he visited! Lucky you, inheriting a wheelbarrow. What next, a car?? You can only hope

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

I got lucky last year before DVLA decided I was a blind old bat.
    I went to my local lease to check the high seats, [someone had recently stolen a portable aluminimum model which had been a present to me] and found a couple of black rubbish sacks dumped at a ride end.
    Beside them was the wonderful swivel, padded office chair upon which I am currently sitting.
    This may have been a safety hazard to some poor poacher so I brought it home !

HWH.

Some could well of stolen the barrow which "Dave" has in his possession and left it on your patch CumBrain??
    The connection between a misplaced wheel barrow and poaching beats me
    Last edited by Scarlet; 03-10-2010 at 12:47. Reason: divi

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Some could well of stolen the barrow which "Dave" has in his possession and left it on your patch CumBrain??
    The connection between a misplaced wheel barrow and poaching beats me
    Maybe it had a b.a.s.c. sticker on it?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Its well known that the said poacher uses a wheelbarrow to get deer off the fell (makes sense really , got to be easier than dragging them )
    Brian

Next time you shoot a large Deer try the wheel barrow method