Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What a stupid thing to do.... Looked at Tains website

What a stupid thing to do.... Looked at Tains website

Damn .................. I knew it was a daft thing to do but went ahead anyway.. Went to Tains website and browsed the optics as I will be needing a nice quality scope for the new Majestic I should have waited until I have paid for the the new barrel etc before doing so ........................................ damn .

There innocently listed were two scopes that would do it justice one very reasonably priced the other a bit much for my budget right now but a cracking little scope Oh well I'll just go and snivel into my tea cup...............

what's Tains?

Edit, take it you mean Mcleods? Yep I sympathize. Although normally they have a few S&Bs I'm tempted by, not so right now
    Last edited by harrygrey382; 06-10-2010 at 18:32.
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling

Whoops yes sorry about that.. I have brought several scopes from them by post over the years and they have always been most helpful.

i know what you mean, we were in the shop whilst on the sd week, its very tempting

Macleods are only 30 miles from me, I know they do a lot of good used scopes, is that why you went to them, for a nice used example? I find their prices disgustingly high for any new gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee303 View Post
    Macleods are only 30 miles from me, I know they do a lot of good used scopes, is that why you went to them, for a nice used example? I find their prices disgustingly high for any new gear...
    Mmmmmmhhh, odd! I bought my first rifle, scope, moderator, slip and cleaning gear from them as they were by far the cheapest and offered the very best deal going. And i live a long, long way away from them with many gunshops in between, none of which offered such a good deal.

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Hmmm this thread has been dragged back up from the depths as it ages old.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee303 View Post
    Agreed, their .270 ammo is of the scale compared to my local, odd really when you think they must shift a fair bit compared to my local.

I did purchase a s/h rifle from them though which has been spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by flytie View Post
    Mmmmmmhhh, odd!
    The Net is a wonderful tool for price crunching!!

Give me ANY part/item, and I will beat Macleods price EVERY time.

Brithunter - I also just noticed this thread is ancient, and also looks like it was me who done the dragging up! I really can't think of how... Must have been the "Similar Threads" link at the bottom of another thread.

I cannot aces their used list right now for some reason so i am safe from looking.