Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lvl 2 prices

Lvl 2 prices

just been looking on tinternet and was amazed at the price for lvl 2 assessments.
    is this a country wide issue or are they over pricing for said stalk/assessment?

i can understand the cost of a stalk to be included but a charge of 350 all in is a bit too much.

Can any one shed some light on this matter please. i know some guys will come to the ground you stalk on and assess you for the cost of a pint and petrol

Are you a member of the BDS? Attend their regular meetings and range days and have a chat with them. You should find stalkers there who are accredited witnesses and willing to help. They will be more interested in imparting knowledge and helping you than those seeking to profit from you.

Just remember to repay them and the club for their generosity, help and time.

shop around people who are to high priced are short sighted they will not last 10 minutes.
    Last edited by www.yorkshireroestalking.; 03-10-2010 at 17:10.

Quote Originally Posted by mick b View Post
    just been looking on tinternet and was amazed at the price for lvl 2 assessments.
    is this a country wide issue or are they over pricing for said stalk/assessment?

i can understand the cost of a stalk to be included but a charge of 350 all in is a bit too much.

Can any one shed some light on this matter please. i know some guys will come to the ground you stalk on and assess you for the cost of a pint and petrol
    Seems very steep. Most of the guys I've been stalking with wouldn't charge for an assessment; all included in standard stalking outing fee.

I tend to agree with John.
    350 per stalk seems a bit high.
    Give John a shout having personal experience and doing my dsc2 with him, I can recommend highly.

I get a little confused here, the assessment is already paid for when you pay to register for level 2.
    If you are referring to the chap that fills out your portfolio, then that is an AW and he can neither pass or fail you.
    The AW, the chap that follows the candidate, does not assess, all he does is witness the actions of the stalker and puts questions to him and notes the answers.
    The portfolio is then sent to the assessor to make sure your answers tick all the relevent boxes.
    He may 'phone you for clarification of anything not quite sufficiently covered in the answers in the portfolio.

I get a little confused here, the assessment is already paid for when you pay to register for level 2.
    If you are referring to the chap that fills out your portfolio, then that is an AW and he can neither pass or fail you.
    The AW, the chap that follows the candidate, does not assess, all he does is witness the actions of the stalker and puts questions to him and notes the answers.
    The portfolio is then sent to the assessor to make sure your answers tick all the relevent boxes.
    He may 'phone you for clarification of anything not quite sufficiently covered in the answers in the portfolio.

been 4 years since i did my level2 .....my brother did his year before and we were lucky that local guy (angus) we found and became firm friends with....ken dennis ...rest his soul gone now.

anyway deal was then that he would come to your gorund and witness you on your own place with your "own" beasts and you got charged 40 a stalk wether you got a beast or not.....Ken however usually if you didnt score so to speak didnt charge .

iknow that other stalkers would allow you on their ground and assess you for the same, 40 but you didnt get carcass obviously just charged for the assessment and not even for the stalking i guess.

sauer

It depends what you call expencive any one got an idea what should be charged for an AW stalk on the AW,S ground ps it takes me 2 hours to fill in one complete section of the new portfolio.