Thread: Taxidermy for the discerning hunter.

Taxidermy for the discerning hunter.

Hi, guys - just a note of thanks to all of you who have used my services over the years and to recent new ones. Your custom is greatly appreciated. After a busy time with the Roe bucks I am now onto customers Red and Sika stags and Fallow bucks. Hope you all have a great season and I look forward to taking care of your taxidermy needs. Bill.
    Last edited by Bill Bartlett; 01-11-2010 at 08:57.

Hi, many thanks for the compliment and congratulations on your Gold medal Muntjac - 340.00 for members of this directory and up depending on choice of mount and extras. ATB Bill.
    Last edited by Bill Bartlett; 13-01-2011 at 18:45.

Bill, I am looking to get a black grouse skin (if I'm lucky, I'll be able to get a cock and hen) sent to me. One of the responders asked about preparation for shipment to The States. It occurred to me that the best approach would be to ask a local taxidermist to prep the skins or advise on prepping the skins. I checked the CITES appendices, and was surprised (and pleased) to find that Tetrao tetrix wasn't listed, so shipping to The States won't be plagued by 'red tape". Any suggestions you have would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Paul

If you don't manage to get any let me know as I could source you some feather perfect examples. Bill.
    Sorry. I don't understand "source you some feather perfect examples". Does that mean you could get me skins suitable for mounting? If so, please send me a PM.

Regards,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by gitano View Post
    Bill, I am looking to get a black grouse skin (if I'm lucky, I'll be able to get a cock and hen) sent to me. One of the responders asked about preparation for shipment to The States. It occurred to me that the best approach would be to ask a local taxidermist to prep the skins or advise on prepping the skins. I checked the CITES appendices, and was surprised (and pleased) to find that Tetrao tetrix wasn't listed, so shipping to The States won't be plagued by 'red tape". Any suggestions you have would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Paul
    Hi, - I wish you all the best in your quest for Blackgrouse as they are beautiful birds. Preparing the skins is quite easy. Once they are skinned and the fat deposits removed they can be salt dried and padded out with cotton wool. The head innards will be removed and salted as well. If you don't manage to get any let me know as I could source you some feather perfect examples. Bill

I thought we had this sorted out. I was waiting to hear from you when you had some to send my way???

Ragards,
    Paul

Hi, Paul - customer bringing in another bird this afternoon. If not, I am expecting another shortly. Bill.

Thanks, Bill. I was just talking about this yesterday. Great minds...

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bartlett View Post
    Hi, guys - just a note of thanks to all of you who have used my services over the years and to recent new ones. Your custom is greatly appreciated. After a busy time with the Roe bucks I am now onto customers Red and Sika stags and Fallow bucks. Hope you all have a great season and I look forward to taking care of your taxidermy needs. Bill.
    New pic added.

cracking work, very nice