Thread: RPA BDS raffle.

RPA BDS raffle.

So you have posted off your entry form, what happens if you win?

I think I might just trade it in for something else, what would you do?

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

I do know that i don't want the little woodland stalker. Spent a whole day with one and had no end of trouble trying to get it consistent and accurate. Couldn't believe how fussy and inaccurate an expensive hand built rifle could be.

It must be something to do with the short barrel and matching it to the right load, but after all types of factory and handloaded rounds, my mate is in tears.

sell it and get something bespoke to me.. i bought 10 tickets at the CLA.. I wonder how many tickets have been sold.. When do they draw the lucky ticket out?

I wouldn't touch an RPA with a barge pole.

I have a fellow shooter friend of mine who has been seriously let down by them. Having said that they did refund the full cost of the rifle.

Over the years they have been going I have heard various issues on and off. Another friend of mine had one of the early ones circa 2003 and it produced ND's several times.

Again sent back and not remedied.

Heard too many bad things about them to even consider one.

I am sure however there are others out there who have had good experiences with them but I don't know anyone personally who has but do know the couple who haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by flytie View Post
    So you have posted off your entry form, what happens if you win?
    As its right handed & I am not, I'd sell it here & buy something else - currently lusting after a Blaser S2

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfisherman View Post
    sell it and get something bespoke to me.. i bought 10 tickets at the CLA.. I wonder how many tickets have been sold.. When do they draw the lucky ticket out?
    FF, The Draw will take placeWednesday 3 November 2010 at: The Walled Garden, Burgate Manor, Fordingbridge, Hants SP6 1EF.

I bought six tickets although I really do not like the look of them, and they are sooo heavy. I think I would trade it in for something else. The BDS blurb says that they sell for 3,300, I wonder what they are worth traded in? Personally I quite like the look of the wooden Sauer rifles, or just a ordinary wooden Mauser (not the MO3). Maybe something second hand but with a new scope, a good one?

But enough of this dreaming, I never, never, win anything. Ever! So it will be one of you chaps who has to make the decision. But what a lovely position to be in

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Free Market View Post
    As its right handed & I am not, I'd sell it here & buy something else - currently lusting after a Blaser S2
    When i entered, i asked about LH versions, he said he would make a LH version for the winner..

I would still go for RH, easier to sell on! I have heard some stories of problem RPAs, which is bound to happen from time to time BUT the customer service wasn't great.. The guy with the problem rifle was told by RPA that they didn't think that its the rifle as its an RPA and charged him for inspecting the rifle.. As it turns out, there was a problem with the gun!

i have one i got it secondhand though i wouldnt pay the new prices for them.
    mine is a 22/250 and hasnt got a short barrel like there stalking rifles..

there good at secondhand price. or a good buy if you get one of there offers on there site.
    the one i got is deadly accurate. soild action and great two stage trigger a very good rifle but not 3000 pounds worth thats a fact !