Thread: Butchers muslin

Butchers muslin

Does anyone carry butchers muslin when out stalking?

6 or 7 sheets of Andrex does me
    At first you must become young and foolish before you become old and wise!

Is it for hanging around a beast to cool?

If so I use muslin type curtains from ikea, cant remember the price exactly but very very cheap.

Was toying with the idea of attaching them to a couple of hula hoops to them to keep the muslin off the deer.

Quote Originally Posted by david1976 View Post
    Is it for hanging around a beast to cool?

If so I use muslin type curtains from ikea, cant remember the price exactly but very very cheap.

Was toying with the idea of attaching them to a couple of hula hoops to them to keep the muslin off the deer.
    It is for preventing fly strike etc. The reason i started this thread, was to try and find out what people are using to protect carcass from contamination once shot. With hindsight, could of done with a different heading. Regards, Ed.

Eddie I have used it when I hung a deer in my garage overnight as I didnt have a fridge at the time. I put the muslin around the deer and hung it over a large bucket with ice and a fan nearby...worked a treat..

Pete

using butchers muslin is a waste of time for protecting against fly strike as it touches the skin of the deer and the eggs can be laid through the muslin.

Fly nets are good but must not touch the skin a couple of hula hoops are a good idea I use a roe safe well worth the money