Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: any dealings with this guy

any dealings with this guy

has anyone on here ever had any dealings with "a neil gavin," I have booked a day on the red stags for two swedish friends in nov on a place north of dundee on a lease he has which has got an all year round licence.
    I have emailed ,phoned and texted said person to get final details without any joy. starting to smell a rat .
    I don;t want to leave my two friends in the sh@T so any info would be welcome.
    P.S does any one have any availability for nov 8th , stags for two people if this goes t@ts up
    many thanks

HH

If they are booked on red stags in november in scotland they may be a pit disappointed.....

like I said, he;s supposed to have a year round licence for the reds, was;nt too concerned about this ,as quite a few people have them.

Quote Originally Posted by groach1234 View Post
    If they are booked on red stags in november in scotland they may be a pit disappointed.....
    Why???

already answered by HH ( slow typing)

Quote Originally Posted by happyhunt View Post
    like I said, he;s supposed to have a year round licence for the reds, was;nt too concerned about this ,as quite a few people have them.
    Sorry failed to read the message fully too many late nights catching up with me once again

G

I may be wrong but from what i understand they would have to be registered as 'fit and competent' to shoot the deer out of season this is taken from the SNH website:

Authorisations

Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH) issues authorisations under the Deer (Scotland) Act 1996. Authorisations allow individuals to cull deer in circumstances when they would not normally have the legal right to shoot them, for example to prevent deer damaging the natural heritage (natural habitats).

When are authorisations required?
    Authorisations are required when shooting deer in the following circumstances:

during the Closed Season - with few exceptions shooting during this period is prohibited
    at night - the shooting of deer is not permitted between one hour after sunset and one hour before sunrise
    driving deer with vehicles- in order to take or kill for the purposes of deer management.
    Please note- individuals wishing to shoot deer under authorisation must be registered as "Fit and competent"

G

Established Poster
    North Lanarkshire, the land that Summer forgot.
    Quote Originally Posted by groach1234 View Post
    I may be wrong but from what i understand they would have to be registered as 'fit and competent' to shoot the deer out of season this is taken from the SNH website:

G
    The guys asked if anyone had any contact with someone else, you obviously haven't got the information he has asked for and once again jump in going off half cocked insinuating that he has not got the required licences, bit like last week when you went spouting off on here and another forum.

Sometimes its better to keep quiet unless you actually have anything useful to add.

Quote Originally Posted by GarethW View Post
    The guys asked if anyone had any contact with someone else, you obviously haven't got the information he has asked for and once again jump in going off half cocked insinuating that he has not got the required licences, bit like last week when you went spouting off on here and another forum.

Sometimes its better to keep quiet unless you actually have anything useful to add.
    First off i did jump in and i am sorry for that then i thought i remembered something about the person who is actually taking the shot on the stag must be registered as 'fit and competent' to do so within the law. He is trying to sort out some stalking for his friends in sweden coming over here so i would guess they are not registered as fit and competent with SNH although i may be wrong. Not having a go at the OP, he is clearly worried they guy may be having him on as his attempts to make contact have failed and from the SNH website it would seem that they can't actually take the shot (do correct me if i am wrong im always eager to learn.) I would consider pointing out to the OP that something they are only doing to help a friend may land them in **** and thus giving them chance (with over a month to go) to sort something else out to be something useful to add but then again thats just me....

G

take it easy guys..... groach 1234 , thats news to me, I was under the impression that if it on someone's land as a paid stalk, it did not matter, but if correct , thanks for the info, by the way the guys from sweden are registered hunters, and have to go through rigerous tests every year to shoot the moose and bear etc. so could be considered "fit and competent"

Quote Originally Posted by happyhunt View Post
    take it easy guys..... groach 1234 , thats news to me, I was under the impression that if it on someone's land as a paid stalk, it did not matter, but if correct , thanks for the info, by the way the guys from sweden are registered hunters, and have to go through rigerous tests every year to shoot the moose and bear etc. so could be considered "fit and competent"
    Might be best to contact deer commission scotland, just to clarify. Regards, Ed. Deer commission scotland, deer officer north, 01463725333
    Last edited by eddie; 03-10-2010 at 20:08.