any 8x68 users on here?

You will get all the answers this evening. We had a lengthy discussion in the car yesterday about this one yesterday. No difference to 300 WM, just ammo availability not quite as good.

Great round . I had a Brno 602 chambered in 8x68 . I used 200 grain Nosler Partitions and Hornady 220 grain Interlocks ( discontinued sadly ) in it . As HeymSR20 points out though , in actual use , there isn't any difference between it and a 300 WM . I'm not sure of ammo or component availability in the UK , but in Canada , brass in particular is hard to find . If you have a good source for components though , I would definitely think about picking one up .

AB

Hello ER. I did own a 8x57JS 8x60S but I hope this input is relevant. It is that if you want to shoot the 196 grain bullet that the one made by Hornady has, for 8x57JS and 8x60S, the rolled-in cannelure groove in the wrong place. It is positioned for correct OAL in 8mm Remington Magnum.

The Speer equivalent weight bullet (although they list it as a 200 grain) has no crimp groove. FWIW I thus suspect that that cannelure might therefore, in the Hornady, be by happy coincidence in the correct place for your 8x68?

PRVI Partizan bullets, by Henry Krank, do FMJ and also expanding 196 grain bullets. From my experience with both my 8x57JS and my 8x60S I think that the 196 grain bullet is the best all around choice for .323"" calibre rifles as it has both weight and good ballistic properties.

Last edited:
Just reading a norwegian magazine article about a mauser in this chambering. Also has load data if anyone is interested....

Shot a stag last week with one, using RWS 196g.
Great calibre, but you need it in a heavy gun imo.

Know a few people over here who have them and not many complaints apart from the £85/box ammo price

Back