West Yorkshire FLU -Terrible 'standard of service'

sedgeking

Hi All

Having just declared in the 'introduction' section that I wont be posting....here goes a 'heads up' to get em in early as the situation is dire indeed.

I took my 'one for one' into the FLU by hand on the 2nd July and following an email (Friday last week) enquiry to check that it hadn't been 'lost' in the post (originally quoted 6-8wk:eek::eek::eek:) I received confirmation that they still had my variation request and "will not give a time" "as each application will be taken in turn"

Whilst I fully understand they have 'staffing issues' this is surely not my responsibility and they should be doing something about it.

Is it possible to show support for the FLU staff ( Karen is great normally) but absolutely stone the Chief Constable for allowing this deplorable service standard to continue (recognising it's not the fault of the FLU nor the shooting community who are suffering0.

More could be done!
South Yorkshire, for example, (from THEIR website info) publicly apologised for letting their 48hr return(same day process) slip to 6 days. They then did a 'while you wait' service in the field:cool: at a local Gamefair event to get them back on track ( with a caveat of no complications of course)

HO say the service standard should be 7 days and many forces far surpass this standard......so come on West Yorkshire ....you leave me sat here very frustrated at a personal level but also in a technical breach without 'wet ink' paperwork to support the legitimacy of my holding........... #TWELVEWEEKSANDCOUNTING

I bet they banked the cheque though! I think you’ll find most forces are the same perhaps they hope we will all give up through poor service or making up or moving the goalposts

I bet they banked the cheque though! I think you’ll find most forces are the same perhaps they hope we will all give up through poor service or making up or moving the goalposts

Not relevant in this instance Dickie because sedgeking mentioned that it is a 1-4-1 which are free of charge.

Back