Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone used ND3 LASER

anyone used ND3 LASER

Good evening, has anyone used a ND3 LASER for fox shooting on a 243. i've seen a few video's of it, but they were by some american, shooting targets with it. Just wondering if any body had used one and if they are as good as they say they are, spotting foxes etc at 250 yards.

Hi,i thought about buying one,went to the midland gamefair and bsa had a tunnel set up where you could shoot targets with one mounted on air rifles!!! I thought it was good but not good enough for me to buy one.They don't work well in cold weather and Batteries would cost loads to run!Not sure about range in field conditions either.I'm saving my money for nightvision!!

I didn't see the try one stand, but have been thinking about one for lamping alone.
    I don't like carrying the big lamp and battery, I hate having a bloody great lump on top of the rifle.
    I have been trying to get away with a Deben GL4 led light, it's ok, but would be even better if you could adjust where the beam points.
    It actually has enough power to work out to 100 yards, and will pick ouy eyes at 200, but I won't take a shot at eyes, I need to see the backstop.
    Neil.

I didn't want batteries and lamp to lug around either,bought a Tiablo led flash light from www.inovatech.co.uk. Mounts onto your scope,gives a full nights lamping with it's two Li-Ion batteries.Gives a tight beam out to 300 yards +.Kit comes with red filter and car charger.Not cheep though and i had couple of niggles,charger didn't work and a spare switch didn't work,replaced by return post.other than that,a great lamp,maybe what your looking for.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    I have used one on a 223 and with no other light used i took 2 bunnies out to 300 yards with the greatest of ease,

don't get me wrong its NOT nv but mearly a option to lamping and scaring the target off.

just how many times do you find you take a wee bit longer to get on target than you would like,

this is when this comes into its own, they can't see the light source when i took B1 B2 was unaware of any light source so it just moved to one side and then lights out.

the whole thing revolves around the glass on top of the rifle, if you are using lets say a MTC scope, you will have better results with a swarovski, or if you are using a BSA scope you will notice the differance when you have a S&B on the top.

so my over all findings was, if i had the funds i would have one.

on top of all my rifles.

bob.

PS: The focusable beam is a cracking idea and works well.

my lamping partner has one, its a good piece of kit, as mention above, it doesnt seem to disturbed the animals at all.

The bloke on this vid is using one on a .17hmr for pigs!!

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    I have used one on a 223 and with no other light used i took 2 bunnies out to 300 yards with the greatest of ease,

don't get me wrong its NOT nv but mearly a option to lamping and scaring the target off.

just how many times do you find you take a wee bit longer to get on target than you would like,

this is when this comes into its own, they can't see the light source when i took B1 B2 was unaware of any light source so it just moved to one side and then lights out.

the whole thing revolves around the glass on top of the rifle, if you are using lets say a MTC scope, you will have better results with a swarovski, or if you are using a BSA scope you will notice the differance when you have a S&B on the top.

so my over all findings was, if i had the funds i would have one.

on top of all my rifles.

bob.

PS: The focusable beam is a cracking idea and works well.
    300 yards!!! sounds like a nice bit of kit, what sort of are we talking?

what sort of are we talking?
    About 300 Here is the web page

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewT059 View Post
    my lamping partner has one, its a good piece of kit, as mention above, it doesnt seem to disturbed the animals at all.

Anyone had direct experience on foxes with this?