Straight down the Creek…..

With no cold weather on the cards the only thing that might work was the strong wind and rising tide!

I ran a long mother line out on the mud flats much to chips delight as he likes to help out by standing on every thing lol…also a string of Teal on a running weight.

The Teal decoys came up first which was a good thing as these mallard came across the wind around 10 mins of me settling into my hide.

I can never get over how fast birds can fly even in this wind, a factor which was only to real with 2 drakes slipping across the wind straight at me.

Got to shoot them way out in front other wise there is no chance, 36gm 4’s in my 425 with a nice left cast to bring the narrow rib in the centre, the first bird landed close to the hide with the second falling some distance behind.

Chip did his I love the mud run then picked the second which had rolled off the salting’s

The wind was a lot keener than I thought so he sat with my coat on until it was time to go…

hQsoXr6.jpg

rGwNjUm.jpg

Tim.243

Nice one Tim Thanks for posting. I do miss my foreshore fowling but my health is not up to it, but haho.
I'm out in the morning for a nice look about for a muntjac or bigger.
He is a game little dog you have their.

Nice one Tim Thanks for posting. I do miss my foreshore fowling but my health is not up to it, but haho.
I'm out in the morning for a nice look about for a muntjac or bigger.
He is a game little dog you have their.

Thank you, we have some easy shooting close to the water if you need to pull the trigger over the mud.

Chip is up for anything.....

Tim.243

Back