Favourite bullet for 6.5 55 on deer

140 grains Hornady SST at approximately 800 m/s works just fine for me on roe, fallow and red deer. Not to much damage and most of the deer goes straight down on the spot.

On 200+ it could need a bit more power though.

Sendt fra min ONEPLUS A5000 med Tapatalk

140 grains Hornady SST at approximately 800 m/s works just fine for me on roe, fallow and red deer. Not to much damage and most of the deer goes straight down on the spot.

^^^^ This, although I only shoot Roe.

Steve.

+1 :thumb:

John

129/140 interlock. fox roe fallow and muntjac. the 140n does less damage but both kill well.

160gr Round Nose at 2450fps. Minimal meat damage and great out to 200m. Have to know your drops after that, though.

So, the answer to your question.

Plenty of bullets work fine, If you put them in the right place.

Steve.

125 Nosler Partition. Most people con sider Partitions a deep penetrator, which they are. What many don't realize is that the front lead has very little antimony and is very soft. It expands rapidly, maxing it excellent on smaller deer. I used it to kill several deer and pigs. I sold it and my buddy and his wife has used successfully on deer. captdavid

FWIW the new Accubond is suppose to act as the Partition, but I have no experience with it.

Agree with you and Big Ears on the 140gr Sierra Gamekings - out of interest what powder and charge weight are you using?
ATB
Tarvie

use RL17 46.5gr in a Tikka T3. The short barrel needed a faster powder and found Rl17 better than Vit 150. Tried N160 but although accurate not deer legal as the velocity not high enough. This combo has accounted for roe, fallow and red out to 270 yards. Tried and trusted.

Back